NINE

That's a picture of Lara, but you can imagine her however you want ^ You'll find out who she is ;)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

- Juliet's POV -

She stared at her sister's gravestone. The writing was:

Here lies
Marina Constance Ashton,
and her daughter (un-named).
In memory of the girl with the brightest smile,
and the babe that never got to live.
Cause of death: Childbirth.

Juliet was overcome with a strong wave of sadness. She knelt, and placed two smooth gray pebbles on the stone. One for her sister, and one for her unborn niece.

Marina hated flowers. Whenever there was an occasion, she gave people a bouquet filled with pebbles. "They're immortal," Marina had said. The odd act always won her weird looks.

Juliet glanced at her phone. 7 pm. She stood up and felt detached, blurry.

My name's blurryface, and I, care what you think, she thought.

"Hello?"

"Lara," Juliet said. "It's me."

"Thanks. That really cleared things up, complete stranger."

"You forgot me already, Larie?"

"Juliet?"

Juliet chuckled darkly. "Hi."

"Why did you call me?" Lara had a little concern in her voice. "Are you okay? Where are you?"

Juliet smiled faintly as she leaned against her sister's gravestone. She felt like she was leaning against Marina. She didn't want to move. "I'm horrible. And you?"

"Nevermind me. Where are you?" Lara sounded worried.

"Larie," Juliet said, "You live in London now, right, love?"

"Yes... why?"

"I'm in London."

Lara sounded surprised and delighted. "Is that right?"

"Yep. I'm attending Carlton with my twin. It's lovely."

Lara immediately understood. "Oh." The line was quiet for three seconds. "I'm picking you up."

"I'm not at Carlton right now."

"Then where are you?"

"Highgate cemetery." Juliet glanced around at the dark cemetery, the trees looming over her intimdiatingly. She bared her teeth at them. "It's lovely here."

Lara sounded far away. "Don't go anywhere. I'm coming to get you."

The call cut.

***

- Juliet's POV -

The club was loud. Ansel Elgort's music played. Juliet likd his voice. It was like chocolate - deep and smooth and rich.