SIXTEEN

- Juliet's POV -

She closed the door behind her and put her purse on the kitchen counter. She took a quick bath, and finally changed into sweatpants and a loose t-shirt.

Long evening, she thought.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, she smiled when she remembered Alex's scolded expression. In that moment, he had seemed cute, something nobody would ever use to describe Alex.

Juliet saw the drawer that held her sister's pictures and journal in her peripheral view, and then she remembered what today was.

Juliet blinked.

She stared at that drawer for a while. The pain had numbed over the years, but there were times when she cried her heart out because she missed her sister so so much that it seemed like her sister passed away only yesterday.

Juliet then remembered that she didn't have the time to go to the cemetery to pay her respects.

She glanced at the time and stood up. 12:45 am.

It wasn't that late.

She could still manage to go and put some pebbles on her sister's and niece's graves.

Juliet suddenly remembered that her phone's battery was low. Damnit. She exhaled sharply and thought about transport.

And then it clicked.

Juliet quickly went and changed into a pair of dark grey pants and a black sweater. She pulled her hair back loosely in a braid and put on some soft shoes, leaving her room quietly.

She prayed that no one would catch her. She heard that sometimes the woman in charge of her house, Victoria Copeland, made rounds every night. She smoothly and managed to exit her side of the building, entering Lincoln House.

Then she paused, and cursed herself. She didn't even know which room was his.

She sighed wearily and then remembered something. Adam once mentioned that his room was 16E, and that he lived right opposite to his brother.

Alright. Let's see. 16E please be easy to find.

She walked up the stairs quietly and efficiently. When she reached the floor E she quickly searched for door number 16. It took a little time but when she found it, she nearly kissed the door.

And so she did. It was a quick, light kiss. She prayed to god nobody saw her do it.

She then stood in front of the door of 16E and looked at the door to it's opposite.

15E.

She took in a breath and knocked on the door.

It didn't open.

She knocked again, a little more loudly this time. Fuck. What if it was the wrong door. What if -

The door opened and there stood Alex, furious. He blinked. "Juliet?"

She quickly rushed in and shut the door. Sighed. "Thank god I have the right door."