FORTY SEVEN

- Juliet's POV -

They won.

The actually won.

Juliet had never cheered louder when Alex scored the winning goal. She was so proud of that asshole. So filled with adrenaline. She went running across the field to jump into his arms, and grinned so big at him. "That was amazing!"

He had smiled at her, happiness in his eyes as he said, "it was okay."

Juliet shook her head. "Okay? God. Be realistic. That was one of the best games I've ever seen."

He blushed.

Half of the Carlton Lions were ripping off their shirts and running around the field like heroes while Victoria Copeland, the in-charge of Hamilton House, shrieked, "boys! Stop undressing yourselves!"

No one listened to her, of course. When Alex frowned at a bunch of shirtless, sweaty, smelly boys who came to hug him, she grinned and stepped aside. He looked so uncomfortable and clueless.

The cheerleaders went skipping to the football players, cheering enthusiastically and honestly, a little too fakely. It must've been giving them a huge head ache.

Nyssa was grinning as she came running towards Juliet. "That was a GREAT game! Carlton has never had a game like this before."

She faced a mildly disgusted looking Alex and hugged him. "I am so proud of you! Who knew you could even run like that?"

Alex shook his head. "Always the words of encouragement."

The rest of the gang followed. Marie had squealed, "that was so much fun Alex! Good job!"

Cain smacked Alex on the back, "damn boy! You can play."

Adam had grinned. "Nice, Alex."

Nathan said, "I didn't even know you could lift your arse out of bed. Impressive."

Alex shook his head. "You're very supportive Nathan."

"Hey." Varian came jogging towards their group, shirtless. He was grinning widely. "Nice work, Alex." He smacked Alex's shoulder.

"That's going to bruise," Alex muttered, rubbing it.

"You all must be his friends," Varian remarked. He glanced at Juliet and corrected, "friends plus girlfriend."

"And sister," Nyssa added.

"And brother," Adam added.

"Just friend," Marie laughed.

Varian looked at her, and then he looked at her. He smiled. "Hi. I'm Varian Trey. And you are...?"

Cain stiffened.

"Marie Thomas," Marie said shyly. She was in a light blue dress, and her short curly blonde hair was tucked behind her ears. She looked adorable and extremely pretty. "Are you Alex's friend?"

Cain looked away.

"I'm his best friend," Varian bragged.

"Nope," Juliet said, "I occupy that position. Sorry."

"False," another voice said. "Kaito does." Kaito grinned. "Hey Lex! Nice moves, bro."

Juliet smiled at the bro.

Alex smiled at Kaito. "Thanks. Where have you been?" They gave each other a man-hug. It was sort of like this half hug guys give each other with only one arm, as if they're carrying groceries with the other arm or something.