Twenty-Seven

It's finally Saturday and the lads will come down to record the songs. Yesterday Harry and his producer, Steve, listened to the instrumentals and decided which are the best for the songs. He did some test recordings, but today he will record everything properly. If everything goes well they can finish the album quick and get it on the market.

   "When are your friends coming?" Steve asks. It's 11am and they are already in the studio.

   "Uhm, 1pm? Something around that time." Harry tells him turning from left to right and from right to left in the chair in front of the mixer.

   Steve is explaining some things to him, because there is the possibility Harry and the lads have to record by themself. Steves wife is pregnant and overdue. The baby can come any second and if Steve gets the notification that it'll come, he is out of the studio.

   "Okay, so I think that's all. Just don't spill anything over it or you're dead." Harry salutes with a serious face.

   "Sir, yes sir." Steve shakes his head with a smile.

   "Such an idiot." he mumbles. "So you wanna order something for lunch?" Harry nods with a smile.

-

Harry is in the recording room, ready to record vocals for If I Could Fly. He really likes the song. It's one of his favorites of the new album.

   "You ready?" Steve asks and Harry holds his thumb up, but gets rudely interrupted by the door bell announcing someone wants to get in. Steve moves with his chair to the speaker and probably asks who it is. Harry can't hear him, because Steve doesn't press the button.

   As Steve rolls back he just starts the track and Harry hears the piano through the headphones on his head.

   "If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you. I think I might give up everything just ask me to. Pay attention, I hope that you listen, 'cause I let my guard down. Right now I'm completly defenceless.

   For your eyes only I show you my heart for when you're lonely and forget who you are. I'm missing half of me, when we're apart. Now you know me, for your eyes only, for your eyes only.

   I've got scars even though they can't always be seen. And pain gets hard, but now you're here and I don't feel a thing. Pay attention and I hope that you listen, 'cause I let my guard down
Right now I'm completly defenceless.

   For your eyes only I show you my heart for when you're lonely and forget who you are. I'm missing half of me, when we're apart now you know me, for your eyes only, for your eyes only.

   I can feel your heart inside of mine. I've been going out of my mind. Know that I'm just wasting time and I hope that you don't run from me.

   For your eyes only I show you my heart for when you're lonely and forget who you are. I'm missing half of me, when we're apart now you know me for your eyes only.

   For your eyes only I show you my heart for when you're lonely and forget who you are. I'm missing half of me, when we're apart now you know me for your eyes only, for your eyes only.

   For you eyes only."

   The song ends and Harry smiles at the four lads, who clap outside of the recording booth. The singer puts the headphones over the microphone stand and makes his way to the mixing room.

   "Hi lads." he says and starts to hug them down from Liam, Niall to Zayn and finally Louis, who he hugs the longest.

   "Hey Hazza." Louis mumbles before they step back. Harry smiles at the smaller lad, before turning to Steve.