Chapter 10

Juliet's POV

I ended up at an unfamiliar beach. It was about 5 o'clock in the evening and the sun was setting. By now, my tears have dried and I may have ran out of tears. I sat on top of the sea wall and admired the view.

"Juliet?" I hear a familiar voice say. I turn around to find a guy with messy brown hair and green eyes. I just chose to ignore him and looked back at the sea. The sea was as blue as Luke's eyes...shit. Really Juliet? You are thinking about Luke right now?

"Look I'm sorry for...not showing up. I kinda chickened out because I've had a crush on you since 9th grade." He said sitting next to me. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" I smirked. He blushed and nodded.

"I've had a crush on you for a while too." I admitted. He smirked and cocked an eyebrow.

"Really?" He mimicked. I chuckled and he did the same.

"I'm really sorry. If you can...maybe you'll give me another chance?" He asked.

"Maybe...if you get me ice cream." I said jokingly.

"Deal." He said running to the ice cream parlor not that far away from here. I saw him getting two chocolate ice cream cones. He came back smiling at me. I shook my head and chuckled.

"I was just joking you know?" I chuckled taking the ice cream cone from him. He sat back down next to me and licked his ice cream.

"Well, I was hungry anyway." He shrugged. I giggled and licked my own. Chocolatey goodness.

"May I ask why you are here?" He asked with a goofy grin plastered on his face.

"Nope." I giggled. He smiled.

"Damn it." He pouted. I laughed and poked his cheek.

"You're weird." He said shaking his head chuckling.

"I know I am." I said proudly. He laughed. He started leaning in and I found myself doing the same. Just as he was about to close the gap, my ice cream fell out of my hand and onto the dirty ground. We laughed.

"My ice cream." I pouted.

"Do you want something better than ice cream?" He asked smirking. I nodded excitedly.

What could be better than ice cream?

He leaned in and pressed his lips onto mine. My eyes widened realizing what was happening.

Dale Cougar kissed me. He IS kissing me. Holy crud!! My first kiss.

I panicked not knowing what to do. I just kissed back and he smiled in the kiss. Our lips moved in sync as he put his arms around my waist and I automatically put mine around his neck. We pulled away breathlessly and we grinned at each other. And I swear I heard a 'thud'. Whatever.

"Go out with me tomorrow?" He asked. I nodded and smiled.

"Cool. I'll pick you up at six. Bye Juliet." He said kissing my cheeks and left. I blushed furiously watching the sun set. Dale kissed me. My crush since 9th grade. He kissed me. An I kissed him back. What the heck? I smiled and put my hands in my pocket and walked home. To my home.

Luke's POV

It's been more than a minute and Juliet's isn't back yet.

"What's taking Jules so long?" I asked.

"Don't know." Ashton replied. I got up and went out of room. I saw a white flip phone on the floor. Juliet's phone. I picked it up and put it in my back pocket. Where could she be? I went downstairs and spotted no Juliet. I went outside and saw her running. I thought about yelling her name but there was a baby sleeping at the playground across Calum's house. I followed her for minutes and saw she went to the beach.