Chapter 14

Michael's POV

Fuck. Juliet's brother has Leukemia. I heard a thud and looked to see Juliet on the ground. She fainted. I widened my eyes and knelt down and cupped her face.

"Jules? Jules? Can you hear me?" I said slapping her cheek lightly. She laid there unconscious. Fuck. The doctor left and I was alone here with Juliet. I carried her bridal style and went to the front desk. The girl looked at me then Juliet.

"Um, she kinda just fainted." I said glancing at Juliet in my arms.

"Okay, what's your name?" She asked writing on a piece of paper.

"Michael Clifford." I replied.

"Okay, the doctor will be here shortly. You can sit in the waiting room." She said pointing to a crowded place. Nope. Not going there. I just stood against a wall and carried Juliet. She's actually pretty light. I looked down at Juliet. Wow. She's really beautiful. How come I'm just noticing right now? Wait- what the fuck? Luke likes Juliet! I can't possibly like Juliet! That would be against the bro code. No. I ran my fingers through my hair and it was sticky. I slowly looked at my hand and saw blood. But not mine. I panicked and looked around Juliet. I saw blood trickling down her head. Shit. She must've hit her head while falling. Her eyes suddenly opened and she stared at me. And her eyes, they are so beautiful. They are grey which I think is pretty aweso-

"Michael? Where's my brother?" She asked and she squirmed and fell out of my arms.

"Shit Juliet!" I cursed and helped her up. She rubbed the back of her head.

"Ow. My head hurts." She whined.

"You hit your head when you fainted." I explained. She had a confused expression on her face.

"Wait, I fain-"

"Michael Clifford." I heard my name being called. I turned around to see a doctor. I carried Juliet again and she just smiled and blushed. I smiled at how adorable she was. Fucking Michael. Shut up will you? I followed the doctor to a room and I set her down on the chair.

"Okay, so what happened?" He asked.

"Well, she fainted and hit the back of her head." I said. He nodded and looked at the back of her head.

"Okay, I'll just need to bandage it up. Won't take a minute." He said and cleaned the spot where she hit her head and wrapped her head in a bandage.

"There! Here, you kids take some lollipops. I have too much." He said giving us two lollipops. We both took one and thanked him and went out of the room.

"What did you get?" She asked looking at her lollipop.

"Grape. You?" I asked as I took off the wrapper and throwing it who knows where and licked the lollipop.

"Um, cherry. Damn it." She said throwing the wrapper in the trash can. What? She found a trash can? Oops.

"You want to switch?" I asked.

"EWWW, no. You licked it." She whined.

"What? I have no cooties or anything." I said.

"Yeah you do." She argued. I smirked and shoved the lollipop that was once in my mouth in hers. She widened her eyes and took it out.

"GROSS!! Mikey!" She yelled. I laughed and snatched her cherry lollipop and put it in my mouth. She rolled her eyes and laughed. She shrugged and put the lollipop in her mouth.

"Can I see my brother now?" She asked.

"Um, I think. Let's go." I said grabbing her hand and dragging her to her brother's room. I opened it and saw him sitting up in his bed and he slightly smiled at us. Juliet ran over to her brother and hugged him.