Chapter 23

Juliet's POV

"Psssst! Jules!! Yo babe." Michael whispered.

"What?!" I asked looking at him.

"What's the answer to number four?" He asked cheekily. I rolled my eyes.

"The light bulb." I answered continuing our assignment.

"Thanks." I heard him whisper. I nodded and finished the last question to the worksheet. I raised my hand.

"Yes Ms. Hall?" The teacher questioned.

"Uh, I'm done." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"You think I'm stupid? Nobody could be done with that hundred question worksheet." He grumbled.

"But...I am." I said shoving my worksheet in front of his face. Michael stifled a laugh.

"Oh, give me this." He said snatching the paper out of my hands. He examined it and said a few stuff to himself and nodded in approval.

"Okay. You can just sit there." He muttered before going back to doing whatever he was doing. I sighed.
What to do. I tapped my pencil on my desk and Michael looked at me with annoyance written all over his face.

"Be quiet!" He said in a hushed tone.

"Be quiet he said." I mimicked him and he groaned. I continued tapping my pencil against the desk.

"Ugh, I'm going to stab you with my pencil if you don't stop." He warned.

"You wouldn't." I smirked.

"Ms. Hall, stop distracting Mr. Clifford." The teacher said glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Michael smirked at me.

"Ooooh, you got in trooouuubleee." Michael grinned. I glared at him and ripped a piece of paper out of my notebook and crumbled it into a ball and threw it right a Michael's face.

"Hey." He murmured catching the paper ball from landing on the ground.. I giggled and covered my mouth. He squinted his eyes at me. He glared at me once realization hit him.

"Ass." He muttered under his breath before doing the rest of his assignment. A few minutes later he shot up from his seat and handed the teacher to the assignment. When he came back to his seat he took a look at me and gave me the middle finger. I laughed and rolled my eyes at him as he took his seat back next to me.

Suddenly the bell rung and all of us shot up from our seats and exited the classroom. Michael slung his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey, have you seen Luke? I haven't seen him all day." Michael said.

"Erm, no. I haven't seen him." I replied uncomfortably.

"Do you still hate him?" He questioned as we walked side by side along the crowded hallways.

"H-Hate? I never hated h-him." I stuttered tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I saw the way you looked at him at the party. If looks could kill, he would be long dead." He commented.

"I don't hate him! I just really, really, really, don't want to talk to him, see him, or be near him at this moment." I stated clearly to him.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure that's the definition of hate." Michael murmured. I rolled my eyes.

"No, it's not!" I argued.

"Awww, the couples first fight." Calum cooed appearing out of nowhere and joining in the conversation. Michael and I chuckled.