Chapter 1

"Lizzie, breakfast," mom yelled from the kitchen.

I got up and hopped in the shower. When I finished getting ready I ran down stairs and sat at the table and saw my dad watching the news from the the table.

"Morning Caleb," I said.

"Mmm-hmm" he replied.

"I believe the proper response is good morning," I said looking up at him from my plate.

He looked up at me before back at his phone and answering "Mmm-hmm".

I glared at him before he chucked and said "I'm just kidding sissie, good morning."

I smiled back at him before addressing my mom "morning mom" and looked over to where my dad was "morning daddy".

"Morning kitten," he said as a smile appeared on his face.

"What are you guys up to today?" he asked.

"Chemistry exam" I said.

"I have to present my science project at the science fair today,"Caleb said.

"Sounds good. Lizzie I hope you studied for that exam its the last one of this semester right?" he asked.

"I stayed up until midnight studying. And yes it is the last one for the semester." I explained.

As soon as I put a piece of my pancakes in my mouth I heard a horn honking. "That's for me" I smiled at them. "I'll see you guys later" I said.

"Can I catch a ride with you guys?" Caleb asked with a hint of whining in his voice.

I sighed before nodding my head in agreement. He got up slung his bookbag on and grabbed his pancakes. "Oh no. Leave the food." I said stopping him in his tracks.

"Please I promise I won't make a mess." he pleaded.

"No! He doesn't like any food in his car. He won't even let me drink water in it. No, I'm sorry. If your still hungry you can take the bus I'm sure it's not that bad."

"No it's worse," he grumbled.

I sighed "Ok put the food in a container put it in your bookbag and finish it at school. And hurry up." I said as I walked out.

"Hey beautiful," he said smiling as I got into the car. Tyler has been my boyfriend for about a year now. And he was about to drive off before I stopped him. "Wait! Caleb's coming."

He sighed before putting the car in park again. What now, all I said was that Caleb was coming.

"What?!" I demanded.

"What?" he asked.

"What was the big sigh for? All I said was that my little brother wanted to catch a ride with us. Is that such an extraordinary request?" I exclaimed almost offended. I can deal with almost anything, but nothing resembling anything offensive about my family.

"No, I just wanted to go to school without having to stop anywhere. You know go straight to school," he said with his eyes facing down. He knew what he was saying was ridiculous.

"If it's such a big deal. Then go I'll go on the bus with him!" I yelled as I opened the door to get out. Then I felt his hand hold me back, I didn't even look back when I ripped my arm out of his grasp.

I got out only to find my brother about to get in. "Nevermind," I said to him. "We're taking the bus." I said ignoring Tyler. I knew that he probably wanted some alone time with me because Caleb had ridden with us almost every morning for the past few weeks because of this kid that was bullying him, Matty or something.

Anyway I didn't really care. Tyler wasn't my main priority right now, making sure Caleb was safe from that kid was, and if Tyler is not sensitive to that then he can go pout somewhere else. Caleb and I walked back into the house and sat back at the table.

"What happened?" mom asked.

"Tyler's being a jerk." I said. I was so upset that he could just be so insensitive to the situation at hand here. I mean I know that him driving me was a privilege and that I was pushing it with bringing Caleb but really. In any case I would rather make sure Caleb was ok than worry about a boy.

"Well you shouldn't let a little argument get in the way of what you two have," my mom said, but I knew what she was saying didn't have any real feeling to it because she really wasn't all that into my relationship with Tyler. That and I also saw her trying to conceal her broad smile.

Beep beep beep.

"That's the bus," said Caleb with a somber face. Before I opened the door to leave I turned to him and tried to reassure him that I wasn't going to let anything happen to him. He hugged me before we stepped out.

"Well fancy meetin' you here," Cal the bus driver said. I had known Cal for a long time but since I went to the highschool I didn't see him anymore.

"Hey Cal its nice to see you," I said with a broad smile.

I really was happy to see him he was really nice to me in my younger years. We took a seat in the very front and waited to get to school. I wasn't supposed to be on the bus but Cal made an exception for me because I had gone to the same school for eight years. And I know what your thinking your brother is fourteen he should take care of his own problems but if I'm there I might as well make sure that my brother is ok. And he isn't exactly the type of person who knows how to defend himself.

"So who is this kid that's been messing with you?" I asked.

"Marty," he said, well I was close. He's a seventeen year old eight grader," he continued. Dang I thought the limit was sixteen.

"Speak of the devil," he said as the bus came to a stop and a big burly kid gets on. He looked menacing and mean, but I can be meaner. If he decides to pick a fight I'm more than happy to oblige this argument with Tyler has me in a foul mood and I need to blow off steam somehow, but I wasn't going to create problems for Cal I was going to let him start first.

The boy looked at Caleb then looked at me and rolled his eyes. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to hit him just for that. But I had to keep my peace. The rest of the ride was uneventful unfortunately. But with a sigh I turned to Caleb and said, "Alrighty this is it. And listen if there are any issues with that kid you tell me, ok?"

"Ok," he agreed. I started to walk off to school when I felt him grab me. "Sis," he started, "Did Tyler drive off because of me. I mean I would hate for you to have to walk to school because I started a fight between you two."

"No, no he's already in the doghouse for something else he did, he was just acting extra jerky this morning. It has nothing to do with you," I reassured him.

And now I'm off to school...on foot.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~Hi everyone thank you so much for reading my book hope you enjoyed it😉

Hi everyone thank you so much for reading my book hope you enjoyed it😉

Please comment, vote, and share my story.😊

Oh! And please follow me too😘

Thanks bye!!!