Chapter 13

"Wake up! Wake up!"

Caleb was shaking me, trying to wake me up.

"Come on we're going to he late."

"Caleb, what time is it?" I asked still dazed from sleeping.

"It's six thirty," he exclaimed.

"Uuuugggghhhh, Caleb our flight leaves at one in the afternoon. Let me sleep," I complained, while pulling the covers over his head.

"Yeah I know it does but that gives us time to check and double check and even triple check those if we have all our stuff," he said calming down thank God cause he was giving me a headache.

"Caleb. I'm going to say this once. If you don't leave me alone I will cancel the trip altogether," I was joking of course but seriously he was getting on my nerves.

"If you want," I continued, "You can check the stuff yourself and when I'm ready we'll check it once more, ok?"

"Ugh, fine. Be a lazy bum. But if you forget something it's not my fault," he said closing the door after leaving.

I had decided to go on vacation with Caleb. After deciding that I needed a break from everything I booked us tickets to Florida. We are going to stay at a hotel and go to Disney. And maybe do a little sight seeing. But for now I needed sleep.

I slept for about two more hours. Then I woke up to my phone buzzing. When I looked at my phone and read Benjamin's texts.

                Texts Begin.

Hey love.

You've been dodging me and my calls and texts.

I'm stopping by your house later on around ten. I wanna know whats up.

Texts End

I started to panic. I didn't want to see him. It was true I had been dodging him. I made the decision that I was going to stop everything. I didn't want to get my heart broken again. And I'm almost positive that someone as good looking as him is too good to be true. I'm so not attractive and he is. If we did start a relationship and we fought or something how can I guarantee that he won't be unfaithful.

I mean Tyler cheated on me while I was mourning my mother. How much more would Benjamin cheat on me for just an argument.

No I'm not going to put myself through that again.

I got put of bed and took a shower. When I got dressed I went downstairs to get some breakfast.

As I finished my cereal I heard the doorbell I panicked a little before realizing it wasn't ten yet. I went to open the door and smiled at Kathy.

Kathy and I had not spoken in a while and I thought it would be a good idea to invite her on the trip. You know to catch up and grow a little closer.

"What's uuup!!!" she yelled.

"Hey," I chuckled.

"So are you ready?" she asked.

"Uuummm, just about. Caleb is just getting some extra towels and toothbrushes in the upstairs bathroom," I told her.

"Ok. Just one thing, are we taking one of our cars, or are we taking an Uber?" she asked.

"Uber. Cause I don't have anybody to drive the car back to my place," I told her.

Caleb came down with the towels and toothbrushes.

We were all in the middle of trying to fit the towels in the suitcase when the doorbell rang. My heart started racing and my hands started getting sweaty. Stay strong, I thought to myself. Stay strong.

I opened the door and saw his signature green eyes looking down at me with hurt and disappointment.

He went in to hug me and I hugged him back slightly.

"So you gonna tell me why you've been dodging me all this time," he said.

I stared at my feet, "I just don't want to give you any ideas," I said with a shrug.

"What do you mean ideas?" he questioned.

"You know. You were getting kinda close to and I don't want you getting any ideas about us. I just don't want my heart to get broken again, because I've been hurt so much. I just-" I sighed in exasperation not knowing how to express myself.

He lifted my chin and opened his mouth to speak but he was interrupted by Caleb.

"Sissie we gotta go," he said motioning with his one free hand. "Oh hey Benjamin," he said when he realized Benjamin standing in front of us.

"Hey little man," he smiled, ruffling Caleb's hair.

"Wait where are you going?" he questioned.

"Florida," I said grabbing the bag from Caleb and avoiding eye contact.

"And you were gonna tell me this when?" he said, annoyance laced in his voice.

"I just did," I said pushing passed him, still avoiding eye contact.

He grabbed the bag from me and grabbed my arm. When I tried to yank my hand back from his grasp he picked me up bridal style into the house. "Are you gonna go up or do I have to carry you up there too," he said talking about the stairs.

"I have a flight to ca-" he cut me off by throwing me over hos shoulder and making his way up the stairs.

We made it to my room, and he threw me on the bed.

I huffed when I landed on the bed.

"You are not going anywhere until you tell me what in the hell is going on." He was furious. I have never seen him like this. I mean granted I haven't known him for long, but every time I see him or he's with me he is always so chill but this new side of kinda scared me.

 I mean granted I haven't known him for long, but every time I see him or he's with me he is always so chill but this new side of kinda scared me

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hiiii so shorter chapter.

Tell me how you like this new stronger side of Benjamin.

Anywho...

Hope you enjoy

Comment, vote, share, and please don't forget to follow me.

Love you!!😄😘