Chapter 48

Lizzie's POV

"So where are we headed?" Caleb asked. We were in the car on our way to eat breakfast.

Madison has been here a few times on business and he recommends this restaurant: Restaurante La Ciudad de los Almuerzos. It's a specific breakfast and brunch spot here in Guadalajara.

"To eat breakfast," I said looking back at him from the passenger side of the car. We arrived about ten minutes after.

"Mr. Eric Madison, como estas?" A man had emerged from a room behind a beaded curtain. (How are you?)

"Bien Enrique, y usted," Madison answered. I looked at him in amazement. (Good Enrique, and you?)

"Muy bien gracias. Estas comiendo solo o con ellos?" He asked gesturing to the reat of us. (Very well, thank you. Are you eating alone or with them?)

"Con ellos," he replied. The man then guided us toward a table. (With them.)

"You never told me you spoke Spanish," I said absolutely shocked.

"You never asked," he said with a smug smirk.

We were seated and the man, Enrique, called over a waitress to take our order.

Madison, having been there before, ordered his recommendations for us. He proved to know what he was talking about because as soon as I took the first bite of my food I fell in love... with the food.

"So you just let me translate for you the whole time we were at Maria's?" I asked sitting back and folding my arms.

"Yeah. It was kinda cute to see how you wanted me to feel as apart of the conversations as everyone else," he said spooning more food into his mouth.

I rolled my eyes playfully and continued eating my food.

We finished our food while discussing where to go after we ate and we decided on the Museo de lo Increible (Museum of the Incredible).

It was about a twenty minute ride from Zapopan, Jalisco to Guadalajara, Jalisco so we got there fairly quickly.

We parked close by and headed toward the building. Upon entering, the place was really a sight to behold. It was amazing and reminded me of New York's "Ripley's Believe It or Not".

"Doesn't this remind you of Ripley's in New York?" I asked Madison as we walked further in.

"That's the point," he replied looking down at me.

I let go of his arm that I was, subconsciously, holding onto and walked along side Kathy and Caleb.

"Oh Kath come look at this," I said pulling Kathy by the arm to look at what Caleb and I were looking at.

"He's supposedly the fattest man in the world," I said.

"That's amazing," she said reading the little plaque next to the statue.

We spent a long time there looking at different things that just absolutely shocked us in both a good and bad way. Like the tallest man in the world at, I think, like seven or eight feet tall.

A man that was born with only the upper part of his body.

And then there was one that was really sad. A very wealthy man named Edward Mordrake, was born with an extra face on the back of head. He begged doctors to remove it but they didn't because it was too risky. He claimed that this "demon face", as he called it, was whipering things to him at night that one would only speak about in hell, although no one heard it. It was also said that the face sneared or frowned when Mordrake was happy and smiled when Mordrake would cry. This face, he so desperately faught to get removed, eventually caused him to kill himself at the age of twenty-three.