Chapter 37

Lizzie's POV

"I want your life," I heard Gio say.

I squirmed in his grasp trying to get loose.

"Remember the plan sweetheart."

The plan, you may ask, well, the plan is a trade. Gio will let me go if Madison will give himself up willingly. And my fear is he might do it, but the thing is, no matter how horrible he might have been to me in the past I can't let him give himself up to be at Gio's mercy because I fear... he has none.

"You know that won't happen," Madison said with a light chuckle.

"Well then your precious babygirl over here will never see the light of day again," he said and I squirmed once again. This time it was met with his gun pressing against my head.

"Gio she has nothing to do with this. Just let her go and we can discuss this like men. Call back your men and I'll do the same," he reasoned.

"You really think I'm that stupid, don't you?" he said. "I know that as soon as I call back my men you'll over run this place plus the cops have some of my men outside already," he said.

"What do you want from me Gio really. I'll do whatever you want. Everything done on your terms is that it? Huh? Go ahead call the shots their yours," Madison said.

No no no Madison you can't. He'll kill you I know he will.

And from what I've seen Jennifer Cantor handle rejection and can't take a hint from the last time I saw her. So if Gio doesn't kill you she sure as hell will.

"I'll let her go if and only if you call your men back, just you," he said.

There was a moment of silence. As if Madison was contemplating what to do.

"Fine, but I have to drive her off the property myself, so I know she's safe," he damanded.

I looked up at Gio who had a smirk on his face. No I can't let him do this. He's going to risk his life to save me.

Without a second thought I bit Gio's hand, that was covering my mouth, so hard I thought I drew blood.

He cried out in pain followed by a slew of curse words. I quickly turned around kicked him in his "jewels" and when he doubled over in pain I went to grab his gun but Jennifer grabbed me by my hair and dragged me back.

As she dragged me I held onto her wrist and hoisted myself up to my knees to give me some leverage, and I pulled her down to the floor with me. I got on top of her and punched her in the jaw. I saw the blood spew out of her mouth and then she looked at me and I swear I thought I saw a glimpse of the devil himself and she smirked at me. Which scared me so I punched her again and again, but the stupid smirk never left her miserable face. As I went to throw another punch I saw Gio reach for his gun, so I threw myself towards it and grabbed it just as he was about to.

I pointed it at him. "This ends now, Gio!" I shouted.

He looked at me with his hands held up in surrender. And I hear multitudes of gun shots sounding in the background.

Amidst the gunshots I hear footsteps quickly approaching and felt warm hands on my shoulders and a kiss on my head. And I knew it was Madison he was followed by a couple of men. They went to Jennifer and held her back seeing as how I had the situation with Gio handled.

"Tell your men to stand down! NOW!" I demand.

When he does nothing I walk toward him and hit him in the temple with the butt of the gun. This is a completely new me and I have to say I'm kinda liking it. It's very... fierce.