Chapter 44

Lizzie's POV

The next morning I woke up and saw that it was ten in the morning. The sun was beaming harshly in my face so I groaned and turned over pulling the covers over my head.

I stayed there with my eyes closed, not sleeping but just thinking about random stuff.

What I was going to eat for breakfast.

Where my favorite sneakers were.

School.

Benjamin.

No! Stop! Keep thinking about your sneakers, maybe... Oh! They could be in the laundry room.

I should probably do some laundry.

What about school. I should finish high school. I stopped when all this happened. When I got a job to keep up with all the bills and stuff, right before I asked Madison for help.

Should I finish? I need to finish.

I'll look into it. Or I can apply to colleges and make up the credits I didn't complete Senior year. Yeah that's what I'll do.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on the door.

"Come in," I called out.

"Umm I didn't know if you were awake or not but breakfast is ready if you want it," I heard Madison say as he walked over to the side of the bed. I took the sheets off my face and looked at him.

"Thank you," I told him and he smiled touching my face, running his thumb back and forth across my cheek. I continued looking at him and realized there was something more to his smile, but decided against bringing it up.

He left the room and I stayed in bed for a few more minutes before getting up and heading to the shower.

I took a quick shower and stepped out

I took a quick shower and stepped out. I searched through my clothes while still in my towel. Caleb, when he came to live with Madison, brought some of my favorite clothes and one of them was a t-shirt that says "No Pants Are The Best Pants". Alana had gotten it for me a few months before my mom was killed.

Flashback

"But you know tha- Oh my crapballs," Alana gasped.

"What?" I laughed at her expression.

"Girl what is the best way for you to get comfortable when your on your period," she asked with a wide smile on her face.

"Stuffing my face with food and Red Bull, binge watching Game of Thrones, all while laying cozy in my bed with no pants on," I said longing to do just that at this very moment.

"Exactly," she squealed turning me around to face the manniquin in the store window.

I laughed when I saw it.