Chapter 23

"See that wasn't so bad, right?" he asked me.

I shook my head and took a deep breath.

After about half an hour Mr. Madison got up, telling me he needed to speak to someone. I nodded my head and almost as if instinctively whipped out my phone. Cause you know I'm anti-social like that. But before I hid in my shell I locked eyes with Angelo who gave me a comforting smile. I don't know how long I was on my phone before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You're way too beautiful to be glued to your phone like that," the owner to the hand said.

I looked up to see a tall man looking down at me with warm brown eyes.

"Don't you worry yourself about that," I said removing his hand and turning back to my phone.

He took a seat next to me and I didn't even look at him.

"Tell me your name doll face."

I didn't answer.

"I see. Playing hard to get are we?" he said, his tone was playful yet there was something I just didn't like.

"Get up," I recognized that voice. I turned in my seat to see Mr. Madison looking coldly at the unwanted visitor.

"Eric," the man said with a chuckle.

"I won't repeat myself," he said in a stern voice. It even caused shivers down my back and he wasn't even talking to me.

"Ok, ok. I won't cause a scene on your birthday," he said, playfully punching Mr. Madison in the arm. But he didn't seem to be in a playful mood. I don't think he likes this guy very much. To be honest I don't either.

"Alright then birthday boy I'll uh... see you later," he said nervously.

I giggled to myself at his nervousness.

Once the guy left Mr. Madison sat down, his demeanor change almost instantly.

"So... This is your birthday party," I said.

He nodded sheepishly.

"Wow. Aren't you a little old fo-,"

"Eriiicc," I was cut off my a high-pitched scream.

When I looked up there was a tall platinum blonde woman coming up to our table. She was beautiful. When she reached our table she came behind Mr. Madison and hugged him so tight I thought I saw him flinch. She had a big bright red smile plastered on her face. But then her eyes drifted to me and that smile disappeared.

"Who are you?" she asked me.

Not wanting to make a big deal in front of all these people I put a smile on my face and said, "I'm Lizzie."

She scoffed and sat down next to Mr. Madison, "I've missed you so much Eric. Look I know I screwed up dumping you the way I did way back but I've changed for real I'm different."

"Jennifer I  up want to talk about it. You're lucky I'm letting you stay for the party. But I'm warning you if you cause a scene in ANY way I will have you removed from the party in a heartbeat understood?"

She nodded looking at the floor as he spoke. When he finished she stood up and left but not before glaring at me first.

"Sooo... I'm guessing she's an ex?" I asked as he downed the glass of wine in front of him. 

"Yeah," he mumbled. He went for my glass of wine but I stopped him, he looked at me and hardened his face. I looked at him just as seriously, "You are the driver and I don't feel like dying tonight so slow down," I ordered.