Chapter 25

Caleb and I decided to watch Stranger Things and once we finished both seasons we decided to watch It Follows, but we fell asleep half way through.

The next morning we were intertwined with each other. A part of me liked it because he isn't the type to show too much affection so to see him like this was nice but the other part of me really had to pee, and that part was dominating so I gently got up and went to the bathroom.

When I came back he was scrolling through Netflix looking for something else to watch. When I looked at the time it was around three so I took a shower and put some clothes on. I put on a striped shirt and ripped jeans with a pair of Adidas.

 I put on a striped shirt and ripped jeans with a pair of Adidas

"Caleb, there is cereal and milk for breakfast. I'm going out I'll be back in a bit, ok?" I said.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Out," I said and walked out the door.

I wanted answers. What was Saturday all about? Who was Gio? What happened to him? All these questions went through my head and I. Wanted. Answers.

I drove all the way to Mr. Madison's house and when I got there I knocked on his door.

After waiting a bit, a sleepy Madison answered the door.

"Do you ever answer the door with a shirt on?" I asked him.

"Hello Lizzie how are you today, cause I'm doing great," he said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Can I come in?" I asked.

He opened the door for me to enter.

"What brings you here? Didn't you see my note?" he asked.

"I did. But I'm not here for the money. I want answers and I want them now. What was Saturday all about?" I asked.

He sighed deeply. "It was my birthday. Well not really it was last Sunday but my sister was still planning it so... But it was my birthday party. Anyway... The people there were family friends business partners things like that," he told me.

"Ok... So what the hell happened? Who is Gio?" I asked.

"Gio is my cousin. Unfortunately... He is my aunt's son. And he indulges in everything especially women. And it doesn't matter who's woman it is, if they don't keep their girls close Gio takes that as his chance to take them for him. And that was my fault last night, I promised you I would stay close and I didn't and I'm so sorry," he said looking at his feet.

I could see the hurt on his face talking about what happened to me last night.

" Look... You saved me. Nothing happened so I forgive you. But I do have one more question," I said.

He looked up at me with an expecting face.

"What was all that last night?" I asked.

"I told you my birthday party," he said.