Chapter 42

Madison's POV

Once I finished my breakfast I went into see Lizzie only when I entered her room she was... gone.

"Angelo! Get in here!" I yelled from the foyer. He came running in from the kitchen and Slim was not far behind him.

"What is it, Boss?" he asked frantic.

"Where is she?!" I was still yelling.

"Who?" he asked.

"Who do you think you idiot? LIZZIE!" I boomed.

"Yes?"

Lizzie's POV

I know that I've been in Madison's house for a while now and since I've been here Caleb has come to see me every morning before he leaves for school, when he comes home from school and before he goes to bed. Kathy comes when she can, her constant visits are in the morning when she picks up Caleb but other than that her visits are sporadic. And Madison comes in too. He stays till the late hours of the night, I know because I hear the grandfather clock in the room ding letting me know what time it is. Also since I've been here I've had this tingling in my feet and I can't seem to make it go away, and if I concentrate too much on it, it gets really annoying. I also get it in the tips of my fingers and in my elbows too but that tingling comes and goes, the one in my feet is constant.

But now and earlier today the tingling won't go away anywhere. I can't stand it. Plus this itch on my nose that's driving me insane. Ugh! I'm so irritable today. I'm never like this.

Come on just move your pinkie. Juuuust your pinkie. Ok good now wiggle your fingers. Come on. You can do iiiit. There! Ok. Good this is good. Now move your hand to your nose.

I try to move it and it moves just a bit before falling back down. 

Uugh! Ok try again. I move my hand again then slowly raise my hand to my nose aaannnnnddd... Got it! Yes! Finally. I don't know how much more I could take of that itch.

I slowly open my eyes and look around. Wow this room is intimidating. But nice.

Ok Lizzie you got this just sit up. Slowly no one's rushing you. Come on. I will my other arm to move, just like the first one, wiggling my pinkie then my other fingers until I finally move my whole arm and touch my nose. I set my hands on either edge of the bed and push myself up. I strain and finally through the stiffness sit up, my legs still stretched out in front of me.

I massage my neck a little and turn it from side to side, feeling a little pressure and pinch but that to be understood judging by how long I was lying there in the same position.

I cough and try to say something.

"Caleb," I whisper. It comes out raspy and barely audible but I wasn't calling  him I just wanted to see if I could talk.

I look at my legs and force my toes to move but they wouldn't.

I stared long and hard at them. "Wiggle your big toe," I say to myself. I felt like The Bride in Kill Bill when her bones are broken but she has to drive the car she's in herself so she wills herself to move despite the pain.

 I felt like The Bride in Kill Bill when her bones are broken but she has to drive the car she's in herself so she wills herself to move despite the pain