Chapter 26

Caleb's POV

It's been a week.

One week since my sister and Benjamin broke up.

She tried calling him a couple of times, but he didn't answer.

I used to get kinda annoyed with them being all mushy. But to be honest I have never seen her so happy.

Since day one when he came into her life he made her happy.

When her jerk of an ex boyfriend broke her heart. And her horrible friend betrayed her. He was there to make her happy.

Now seeing her so depleted hurts me.

I have to straighten things out between them.

I don't like seeing her like this.

"Sissie?" I knocked on her door.

"Sissie?" I said again.

I opened her door and saw her sleeping. I don't want to wake her because since this all happened she is either always sleeping and if she isn't sleeping she is crying.

So for now I'll let her sleep.

I went downstairs and poured myself some cereal. I sat down on the couch and went through Netflix.

About two bowls of cereal, a movie, and a whole season, of some show I found, later Lizzie woke up. And plopped herself next to me.

"Hey, I was actually getting hungry... Do you want pizza or Chinese food..."

"Whatever you want I'm not hungry," she said.

"Sissie you have to be hungry you haven't eaten since Tuesday and it's now Thursday," I told her. Along with sleeping and crying she also hasn't been eating. And I'm worried because she did this when our mom died.

She sighed and laid down on the couch.

"Do you want to try about it?" I asked.

She shook her head no.

"You know Sissie, we only have each other. And... I can't help you if you don't talk to me," I said in hopes of fixing the problem.

She sat up.

"I don't even know where to start," she said

"Why not with why Benjamin broke up with you," I suggested.

She sighed deeply, "It's complicated, Cee," she said.

"Life is complicated," I said.

She laughed a little.

"Your right," she agreed and and nodded her head.

"Okaayyy, so where do I start? Umm ok well, Saturday night I went out with Mr. Madison," she said in a rush.