Chapter 38

Madison's POV

"Well men, it's time for us to make arrangements for Gio," I announced to the group, sitting at the table, then looked down at Lizzie, "Love, I'll see you tomorrow. You should get some rest." She nodded in response.

Everyone was getting up, and just as the men posted next to Gio were about to grab him to escort him to the office upstairs, when out of the corner of my eye I see him knocking down one of my men and grabbing his gun, before the other could react he shot the gun.

At first I thought he only shot me, until I saw Lizzie falling, when I saw her everything went in slow motion. I darted toward her but no matter how fast I thought I was going I couldn't go fast enough until I reached her just before she hit the ground.

I yelled for her to keep her eyes open.

"LOVE! ANGEL! Eyes open love! ANGELO CALL THE PARAMEDICS!" I shouted. I watched him dial.

"Love please keep your eyes open," I spoke to her but she didn't seem to register what I was saying.

"Dammit! WHERE ARE THE DAMN PARAMEDICS!" I yelled to no one in particular. I was desperate.

"Look at me, love. Please right at me, come on. NO! NO! NO! DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES! NO!" I shouted as her eyes closed then didn't open up again, not even when I shook her.

I set her down and Angelo came to her side, I grabbed my gun aimed it at Gio, not thinking and anger filling me to the brim I shot at him, "Aaaaahhhhh!"

Only till his limp body fell to the floor did I realize what I did. I killed my own blood.

I pushed that out of my mind and turned to Lizzie, she was still out cold.

Finally, after everything, the paramedics arrived. Some went to Gio while the others came to Lizzie and me.

They tried to stabilize her, but it was proving difficult because of all the blood she lost. As she was passed onto a gurnee I started to get lightheaded and the room got dizzy.

"Sir? Sir, you have to have a seat, you've lost a lot of blood," one of the EMT'S said to me, but I needed to be by her side. She needs to see a familiar face when she wakes up.

"Boss you have to rest man, you took two bullets," Angelo said.

"She needs me I can't leave her," I told him, my voice breaking slightly.

"When you get yourself fixed up we can go to her," he said sitting me down in a chair to my left.

I gave in and held my head in my hands, and the EMT'S got to work on my wounds.

"Get it done quickly," I growled at the man.

With shakey hands he began digging in my arm for the bullets. I rolled my 3yes and looked up at Angelo who was talking to another paramedic.