Chapter 30

Caleb's POV

"Dad?" I said in a shaky voice.

"Hey son how are you," he said on the other line.

"Umm dad Lizzie... Lizzie's gone" I said.

"Gone? What do you mean gone?" he asked worried.

"I mean I was up in my room and when I came done I saw the front door wide open but there was no one in sight in or outside of the house. Then I called her phone but it's here with me, meaning she either left in a rush or she was forced to leave because even if she left in a rush she would take her phone. My guess is she was forced to leave," I told him.

He was quiet for a while, "Alright I'm on my way," he said.

A few minutes later he arrived and rushed into the house calling my name.

"Dad I'm up here," I called out from her room.

"Hey," he said entering the room. "What are you doing?"

"I'm looking for something that might tell us about something she maybe hiding,"I said looking under her bed.

"She wouldn't hide anything too bad, would she?" he asked.

"Well there is something that happened that could tell us something, but the first thing we have to do is call the police," I said.

Immediately he pulled out his phone and dialed 9-1-1.

"My name is Officer Rivera. I want you to know that we are going to do all we can to find your daughter," he said to my dad.

"We do need to take you both in for questioning and a formal statement from your son," he continued.

My dad just nodded as the officer led us to the car.

A little while later we arrived at the station and we were led into separate rooms.

I sat there a little nervous, I hope they don't think I have anything to do with this.

Then a woman walked in and brought me out of all the thoughts running through my mind.

"Caleb? Right?" she addressed me.

I nodded.

"My name is Kayla and this is Jennifer and we're here to ask you about your sister," she said.

"When was the last time you saw her?" she asked.

"Umm a few hours ago."

"Ok so that means she hasn't been gone long. Now did you have an argument with her before you realized she was gone?" she asked.

"Uh no I went over to a friend's house, she stayed home. I came back later and we had dinner together Chinese I think and I went up to my room while she stayed behind in the living-room for a while. A few hours later I heard the doorbell and voices after she opened the door, after a while I didn't hear voices and I forgot about it. At around two in the morning I went to the kitchen to get something to eat but on my way there I saw the front door open. When I looked outside I didn't see anyone and I looked around the house and called out for her but there was no reply," I stopped and I felt myself breathing hard and shallow.

"Ok, ok calm down. It's ok," she said in a low voice. "Jen can you get me some water," she said, the woman left the room and later came back with of water which Kayla handed to me.

I drank it slowly until it was all done. "Ok Caleb, so do you know of anyone that might want to hurt your sister?" I shook my head 'no'.

"Do you know at least some of the people she came in contact with in the last couple of weeks?" she asked, and my mind immediately went to work conjuring up all the names and people I could think of.