Chapter 29

Caleb's POV

I heard the doorbell ring but didn't bother getting up. I figured Lizzie would answer it. After half an hour I didn't hear talking anymore and went down to get something to eat.

I was thinking about what I should eat, and what we had when I stopped mid way down the stairs and saw the front door open. I went up to the door and then stepped outside to see who was out there. Seeing no one there I figured Lizzie forgot to close it. Which was weird but everyone has those days. 

I went into the kitchen and after searching for what seemed like forever I just settled for cereal. I went up the stairs and was on my way to my room but went to Lizzie's room instead.

"Hey Liz you..." she's not here.

That's weird. I went to her bathroom but it was empty. I went to the other bathroom empty.

Maybe she's in the backyard. I ran to the backyard but she wasn't there either. She never leaves without telling me she HAS to be here. I went up yelling her name, but nothing.

"Lizzie I'm serious, come out!"  I shouted.

But still no answer,. I grabbed my phone and dialed her number. I rang and rang then I heard her ringtone. I ran to where it was and it was lying there on her bed.

"Dammit!"

I then dialed the only other person I could think of. 

...

...

"Dad?!"

Lizzie's POV

"Gio?" I said.

He was standing there smirking at me. It had been a few days since I saw anyone and I was glad in a way to see him even after that horrible incident. Maybe because I thought he was there to help. But I was dead wrong.

He sat down at the edge of the bed where I was and looked at me. Examining me all over.

"You still have bruises," he said. 

"Y-yeah," I croaked and nodded my head. I hadn't spoken since they threw me in this room. So my voice was very raspy. 

A smile grew on his face again and he reached out to touch my face I didn't move but I shut my eyes so tight. The feeling of his hand on my swollen cheek sent chills down my spine.

"Do you know why you're here?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"You're here because my cousin can't seem to stay out of other people's affairs," he said.

"Wait Mr. Madison," I whispered.

"Yes! He couldn't leave well enough alone. He had to take you back. He lost his chance, and now he is denying me the chance of being with you," he yelled.

I dared to look up at him and looked him in the eye. "You could have just asked me. You drugged me and brought me to your house to sleep with me without my consent. You know when I met you the first time I didn't really like you, but when we talked at the bar when you bought me the drinks you were growing on me. If you had done the normal thing and asked me out maybe I would have, but you did the creepy illegal thing and drugged and kidnapped me," I ranted.