Chapter 50

Lizzie's POV

"I'm sorry," Madison voiced breaking the silence.

"For what?" I asked.

"For cutting your sunset watching short."

"It's fine. It's not your fault. Rules are rules," I shrugged. It meant a lot to me that he felt bad for what happened. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but the fact that he apologized for it was heartwarming.

We spent the rest of the car ride in silence with music playing lowly in the background.

Once we arrive at the hotel he walked me to my door.

"I think the best thing is for us to leave tomorrow," I told him looking at my feet.

"I know. We can always come back for our own vacation," he said.

"Thank you for understanding," I smiled and he did the same.

"Good night," he said.

"Good night," before I could open the door he grabbed my hand and I faced him.

Oh my gosh! He's going to do it now. 

I silently thanked God that we were interrupted before we kissed. I was so nervous I thought I'd mess it up. I've obviously kissed before but this felt different like it was supposed to count, not like the last times. It's like those other times were practice... building for this moment.

Right now.

With Madison.

And then...

He kissed... My cheek?

Wow, that was disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it was amazing.  His lips sent way more electricity throughout my body than his touch did. I mean if that was on my cheek, imagine the sensation of a real kiss. I have to admit though, I expected him to take full advantage of my willingness. But it was a sweet gesture nonetheless.

He smiled shyly, "Good night."

"Good night," I giggled.

I opened the door and as soon as I did I let out a long breath that I didn't even know I was holding in.

"Tell! Me! EVERYTHING!" Kathy screamed.

I rolled my eyes at her, "What are you talking about?"

"Oh please. Just tell me," she scoffed.

"We just went to the beach," I said walking passed her further into the room.

"Aaaaaannnddd??" she insisted.

"And nothing we swam, then he took me to eat, then watched the sunset," I admitted intentionally leaving out the part where we almost kissed.

"I know there's something more," she said squinting her eyes at me.

"We were about to kiss-," I said the huffed when I was cut off. I sat down on my bed.

"IIIIII kneeew iiit!" She screamed as I put my hair in a messy bun. "Wait about to kiss?" She looked at me confused.

"Yeah, about to, but then an officer interrupted us, and told us to get off the beach cause it was past curfew," I explained.

"You almost kissed him?" Caleb said turning over on the bed now facing me.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes.

"Sis I'm not judging or anything, I mean the guy is pretty cool I guess, but don't you think- i don't know- that maybe he's a little too old, for you I mean," he said.