5 - Flattered

After spending the whole day together Joel sent Cassandra home around midnight. Just before Cassandra enters her the door, Joel grabbed her hand from behind, making her turned around to face him. "Are we taking things slow, or you'd like me to rush in?" He leans his face closer with hers, cupping her face with one hand. 

Cassandra wrapped her hands on the back of Joel's neck, and gives him a quick kiss on the lips. "Slow. We just met, so maybe you should get to know me first before we decide if it's right, okay?" She answered. 

"But you do like me, right?" Joel asked, just to be sure. "I do." She nods, making Joel smiles from ears to ears. "Then that's enough for me. I won't push you, we'll take it slow. But before that, one last kiss before I leave?" He asked softly.

As he asked, Cassandra gives him one deep, passionate kiss before they departed. Both left with a bloom in their hearts, but one has guilt as well. As soon as she gets in Luke came out from his room, fully dressed like he's going out. 

"I'm going back down there to meet your father. I'll come back tomorrow." Luke says, as if he knows Cassandra was about to ask about that. "But why don't you invite him in?" He crossed his arms around his chest. 

"It's just, I'm tired, and... and I think I forgot the spell, so maybe I should practice more before I sleep with any of them. My bad." Cassandra lies. "But he likes me! He confessed just now." She immediately adds. 

Luke nods. "Okay then. Lucian demands full report, so I have to tell that to him too. Is there anything else that you need?" 

Cassandra shakes her head. "Nothing, but if there's anything that he thinks I might need I'll just take it." She hugs him before he leaves. "And say hi to my mother." 

---

"I see. They all like her, huh? But I'm highly hoping she got that Pimentel on her hook. Or maybe that nephew of mine. Imagine half devil's breed? Sounds like a full hybrid there." Lucian said grinning. 

Instead of asking about how her daughter done her job, Matilda asks how she was doing, did she ate well and if she's happy up there. Luke tells every details, and convince her that she's doing just fine. 

After Luke left the room, Matilda looks away, refuse to lay her eyes on Lucian. "How could you use my daughter to destroy my family." She hissed without even looking at him. 

"Your daughter? She's our daughter. Her last name is Pierce, I mind you. And I brought you back just so you can listen to her updates, not to have you judging me. You've heard enough, so it's time to leave, Matilda." He said, rubbing his thumb on the stone on her necklace while casting some kind of spell. 

Matilda closed her eyes as she grabbed Lucian's arms real tight. As soon as he lets go of the necklace, she opens up her eyes again. But it's not really her, it's another soul in Matilda's body. "Thanks for bringing me back. It sucks in there." She said, caressing Lucian's chin. 

"She talks too much. I didn't kill her after Cassandra was born just because we need her body. She doesn't even thank me for bringing her back just now. Ungrateful Vélez." Lucian said, annoyed. 

---

A few days passed, today Zabdiel comes to pick her up for their literature lessons. It went well, the mentor likes Cassandra's work as well. As their mentor dismissed, Cassandra let Zabdiel reads her writings, while Cassandra reads his. 

"Zabdi your poems are so beautiful

"Zabdi your poems are so beautiful. I wish I can write this well." She said as she went through Zabdiel's notebook. That makes him blushed. "Thanks, Cass. I made songs with some of them too." He replied. "And yours are not bad as well. My mentor is the best. After a few meetings with him you'll get better." He gave back Cassandra's book to her. 

He took his book back, and went through a few pages before he stopped. "And before I forgot," he says, tearing one page off and hands it to her. "I made this one for you." He smiles. 

It's a poem, beautifully written for her. It describes her beauty in Zabdiel's own words. How he thinks of her personality, it even states how he feels like just to think of her. "I love it, Zabdi!" She jumps from her chair and throws a hug on him. 

Zabdiel is taking her for lunch, when they passed by a pet store. "Since we're here, what if we buy something for Luke? Does he likes toys?" He asked before entering the store. 

Cassandra took his hand, making him stop. "I forget to tell you. Luke died two days ago. He refused to eat and became weak. I took him to the vet, they suggested to just put him to sleep." She pretends to look sad. The truth is her cousin Luke doesn't want to be a pug anymore. He's still traumatized by what Chris has done to him. 

"Aww, Cass. I'm sorry." Zabdiel hugs her. "So now you're living alone in that apartment?" He asked. Cassandra nods. He comforts her, and they both made their way straight to the restaurant.

When he gets back to the palace all his cousins stormed at him, asking him things about Cassandra. "How is she?" Erick asked. Before Zabdiel can answer him Chris jumps in. "Did she ask anything about me?" "Or me?" Richard pushed him away.

Joel doesn't bother to ask. He texts with her a lot lately since the last time they met without any of his cousins knowing. "She doesn't even bother about any of you. By the way, Luke died two days ago." he said before he left them.

Cassandra sits alone in her living room, watching some TV show on her own. She forced Luke to get out and have some fun an hour ago. She felt guilty for having fun with her cousins while Luke have to follow her around, watching over her from afar, missing out what he could enjoy in this world. 

The door bell rang, Cassandra answered to find Joel waiting for her outside, looking down to the ground while tapping his feet. She lets him in, asking what's taking him there, to her house. 

Joel dropped himself onto the couch. "You didn't tell me about Luke." Joel said, sounds disappointed. "It's not a big deal, anyway. I don't want to bother you by small things like that." Cassandra answered, taking a seat beside him.

Joel frowns, as he reached for her hand. "You really don't know how much I like you, huh? Nothing about you is too small for me to care. Even if you scratched your finger I'll be sad." he speaks gently, his words gets into Cassandra's heart, flattering her.