10 - Lucian Has Plans

"Does anyone knows why our parents are going to stay here longer than they should?" Chris asks as he joins the other boys chilling by the swimming pool. "I don't know about mine but maybe your dad just want to make sure you stop fucking around." Richard answers with a laugh, followed by the others. Chris just shook his head, knowing that he has to behave himself as long as his parents are still in the palace.

After Lucinda tells Matthew that she has found their niece, he asks help from the head of each family. The royal family's bond is strong, hence everyone agrees to join the rescue mission. While the men are having a serious discussion among themselves, Lucinda takes her time to tells Cassandra what she needs to know. 

"I don't understand, you're telling me my mother isn't really my mother? Her name is Matilda she looks exactly like the portrait hanging on the wall in the hallway." Cassandra lets out her disapproval on what her aunt just told her. 

Lucinda holds her arms, and tells her to calm down. "Remember when I asked you about the emerald necklace? You said she told you it was inherited from her family right? But when you look at the portrait do you see the necklace on her?" She speaks calmly.

Cassandra shook her head. "That wasn't just an ordinary emerald, Cassandra. Lucian used it to trap you mother's soul, and let his dead lover lives in her body. He's using her for his own privilege. Making you, for example." Upon hearing that Cassandra stumbled on her knees. 

She shook her head, not believing what she just heard. "That can't be true." She repeats the line as she starts to cry. "You're telling me I was raised by someone else pretending to be my mother? For 18 years?" 

Lucinda feels horrible for the girl in front of her. She kneels down and grabbed her into a hug to hush her. "I'm so sorry, Cass. Trust me, we'll save her. You just need to show us where the portal is."

---

Jared didn't join the meeting that Matthew held. Whatever the reason of the meeting is, he was pretty sure it wasn't much important compared to his upcoming battle with Lucian. He'd better be prepared, so he chose to train himself instead. 

Aiming the arrow straight to the target, he was interrupted by his niece's voice calling for him. "Uncle Jay-jay." Kat calls for him sing-song from behind. 

He doesn't even turn around, and shoot the arrow. "Bull's-eye." he claims proudly before he responds to his niece who's waiting patiently behind him. "Yes, Kat? Or is it Jodi?" He asks without looking. "It's Kat." She chuckles. "You didn't guess Samia, though." 

Jared hands his bow to the servant beside him. "You and your twin are the only ones that dare to call me that. So what was it? What's taking you here?" He asks, turning his body around to face her. 

Kat keeps her hand behind her, tilting her head left and right. The way she always do when she's going to ask for something. "Can I apply for college around here, and stay with my brother? They got many extra room in that wing." She softened down her voice. 

"Just you, or with Jodi?" Jared asks, making Kat smiles excitedly. "Only if you allow me to have her with me." She replies.

Jared pinched his niece's nose, holding his father like smile. "You and that twin of yours." He says, as the two never get affected by his strictness. They always know how to joke with him, give him the nickname Jay-jay, they even dare to ask him for a favor, just like what Kat just did. "Okay, you can. Just don't disturb your brother during the candidate's training. Also, tell Jodi to keep it down with Christopher. The servants are gossiping." 

Kat almost jumps in excitement, but keeps a hold of herself. "Thank you uncle Jay-Jay. I love you." She gives him a quick hug before she leaves. 

---

When she gets back to her apartment Cassandra finds herself expecting an uninvited guest. "What are you doing here, Lucian?" She glares at him. After what she just knew, she can't help but hating him more than she already has. 

Lucian stood up and put his hand on her head, stroking her hair the way a father used to do. Except she can never look at him as a father anymore. "I can't even visit my own daughter? I'm just checking on you." He says in caring tone.

Cassandra slaps his hand away from her, and use full force to push him away. "You dare to think of yourself as a father? What about my brother that you killed as soon as he was born? Didn't it occurred to you that you was his father before you took his life?" She screamed at him. 

Luke storms out from his room, holding Cassandra in his arms so that she will stop hitting Lucian. No one wants to know what Lucian will do if he's getting out of his temper. "Who told you about that?" Lucian asks with fury in his eyes. 

"Everyone knows. I don't have to step out from your nasty palace to know what you've done. You're disgusting. You even locked-" she shuts her mouth mid sentenced. Lucian can't know that she already knew about her mother. That will expose their plan to save her. 

Knowing that there's no point to fight with Cassandra anymore, Lucian steps out form her door. "Just do you task as I ask you to, Cassandra. Don't get yourself distracted by those white wings." he reminded her before he leaves.

Lucian gets himself to a club, drinking alone at the bar before a young man approached him. "Done visiting your favourite daughter?" he asks, smirking.

"Why would you care, just do your job." Lucian answers, clearly not interested to talk about his meeting with Cassandra just now. "I've told you I can do better than she did." the young man claims before he walks away.

Lucian's eyes follows his steps, as the attractive young man grabs Kat, Richard's sister by the waist, making her turn around and kiss him playfully. Seeing that makes Lucian able to let out his devilish grin. You thought you know everything, Cassandra. You don't.

I'm sorry there's no Joel and not much of the other boys in this chapter. I need it to build the storyline. The next part will focus on the boys. I'll try to post next update as soon as possible, since I might be busy starting the day after tomorrow. Love ya ❤ also, forgive the errors, my grammar and vocab are rusty.