56 - Go On

Alone in his room, Joel walks to the balcony. He can't be there, he told himself. He needs to be alone. Somewhere no one else knows. So he lets out his wings and flies to the garage. "I'm going to drive myself." He took the key from his driver and gets into his car. 

Days after leaving the palace without leaving a notice to Cassandra and his cousins, Joel can finally clear his mind and think straight again. He's standing alone in the balcony, watching the lives in the town, people that one day will be under his rule when he becomes a king.

 He's standing alone in the balcony, watching the lives in the town, people that one day will be under his rule when he becomes a king

"A king, should never be blinded by his emotions." He was reminded by his father's words. 

"I thought this place is an escape for both of us, not just you. Alone." He was startled by Cassandra behind him. She's looking at him with crossed arms, studying him up and down. 

"Oh, Cass." He hugs her. "I'm sorry I hit your brother."

Cassandra smiles as she looks up to him with her arms still around his waist. "I've talked to him on your behalf. He understands. Are you okay now? You've been away for three days. I miss you." She buries her face on his chest. 

"Now that you're here, I think I am." Joel answers. "Jodi and Chris. Are they back to the palace yet?" He took her to sit on the sofa. 

Cassandra nods. She told him that now Samia is trying to let herself to mend up with Chris. "My tough De Jesus girl." She says proudly. "And there's something she wants me to tell you. She wants us to go on with the wedding." 

"Without Erick? Just us?" Joel asks in surprise. He disagreed with the idea of having joined wedding before, but that was just because it's fun to fight with Erick. Now that he's no longer around, Joel has a hard feeling to proceed with the wedding. "I don't know if I can, Cass. I'm sorry."

"I know it's hard." She replies as she takes his hands. "I didn't want to do it either. But Samia insisted. Maybe you should just go back and talk to her."  

"We'll talk to her. But before that, let's make up for the days that we've been apart from each other." He stood up and button up his shirt. 

"I thought by making up you mean this." Cassandra makes smooching motion with her hands. 

Joel stopped halfway buttoning the shirt on his chest. "Oh, you want that?" He asks, genuinely had no idea. 

Seeing his innocent face makes Cassandra laughs a little. "I love you, Joel." She helps getting the buttons done. "One moment you're too innocent it's so easy to get you, one moment later you're so fierce it turns me on." She cover her mouth with her hand. "Oops, I said too much."

Joel smirks, moving his hand on her waist and pulls her closer. "Fierce Joel turned you on, huh?" He whispers. "What about sweet Joel?" He says softly and leave a peck on her lips. 

"Sweet Joel makes me want to go out and enjoy every little things in the world with him." Cassandra answers, breaking free from Joel's arms and walks to the door. "Let's go." She calls for him. 

"I can't believe she made me think we're going to fuck and walk out just like that." Joel mumbles to himself. 

"You'll get it at the palace." Cassandra yells, having heard what Joel said, making him facepalm himself.

---

"I'm really sure about this. Please, do it for me and Erick. I don't want anyone's happiness delayed because of us." Samia tells Joel and Cassandra.

Zabdiel stands leaning on the wall, his hands in the pockets of his pants. Samia talked to him first about it. As a brother it was never easy to see his sister lives each day being in sorrow. But she said that letting them to carry on their wedding is one of the steps for her to let go. And for that, he agreed with her decision.

"We planned for this together. I just can't- are you sure you're okay with this?" Joel asks her.

"We've talked about it, Joel." Zabdiel jumps in. He walks towards Samia and pat her shoulder. "It helps her move on. So please, do her a favor." he adds, making a quick smile as Samia looks at him.

Joel moves his eyes on Cassandra and she nods at him. "Okay then, we'll do it." Joel concludes.

They tell the others about it, including the reasons why they're carrying on with the wedding. They all takes it well, even though deep inside they're still wishing that there'll be two couples instead of just one.

"You'll walk me down the aisle, won't you?" Cassandra asks her brother Riki.

"Of course I will, little sister." he answers, brushing away the tears at the corner of his eyes before it falls down his cheeks.

That night Riki took himself to the same underground place he met Irama. Now Irama is sitting with his friends, which Riki knows well too. "You're here again, what is it this time?" Irama asks.

Riki took a seat, as he moves his eyes on Irama and his friends. "I know at least one of you must know where my dad moves the worshippers nest. And you must know where to find him and his squad." he starts.

"You don't have to tell me where it is. I just want you to help me deliver a message." he wrote a date on a piece of paper. "Tell Mara not to do anything until this date pass." he slides the paper to them.