52 - Mother and Son

Down in the Underworld, in a room inside Lucian's palace, a male's screaming breaks into the atmosphere. One of his wings has only bones left. They plucked the feathers one by one, even faster as his screamings get louder. "Whatever you do, I'm not joining you." Erick speaks out, still sounds stern even though the pain is consuming him. 

"Oh kid, you sure will." Lucian replies confidently, before he took a step back under a shadow where the dim light of the Underworld's moon didn't pass through. 

"He's fighting it." Mara whispers to him. They both lay their eyes on Erick, who was grunting while struggling to break free from the cursed chain. "Look at him, still fighting even though he knows it's pointless." 

"Well, sooner or later it will worth it." Lucian says with a smile. He's confident with his plan now. 

Mara puts her hand on his shoulder. "I'll come back later. It seems like it's going to take longer." She tells him. "You're seeing him." Lucian says, knowing what she was up to. Mara smiles. "Tell him his father is still not losing hope on him." Lucian yells before Mara stepped out from the room. 

There she goes again, stalking on her little boy Riccardo from a distance. He's alone this time, standing outside a music store. He's staring at an acoustic guitar with his hands in the pockets of his jeans. 

"Don't tell me you broke your guitar again." Mara startled him from behind. When he was little Riki has always been a good boy. But his dad never gave up to bring out the rage in him, to make him more of a devil. It works as he grew up. Whenever his finger messed up with his guitar strings he smashed his guitar to the ground, or onto the wall. Whatever makes it breaks. 

Riki turns around, trying to look please when he sees her

Riki turns around, trying to look please when he sees her. "I just miss the time you picked them up and stroke my hair as if I was the one that's hurt." He says. "So it's true. You are up here. Watching over me." 

Mara smiles and holds his arms. "I am. But you know your father didn't want us to meet until you finish your task. Now that we've seen each other, shall we take a walk?"

Riki nods. He then takes a look behind him. Sitting on a bench with his sunglasses on, Joel nods as he watch Riki walking away with Mara. Their plan worked. She finally reveals herself.  

"I'm sorry I didn't leave my girlfriend as Dad told me to. I can't." Riki says, looking so upset with himself. "My little boy." Mara tilt his chin up. "Are you happy with her?" She asks. Riki nods. "Then it's fine by me. But don't you miss me? Don't you miss your family?" She asks, and Riki nods again. "I think I can convince her to come with me. To be with us." He lies, making Mara grins happily.

They then get into a cafe. Mara didn't order anything. She just sit there and watch Riki drinks his smoothies and chew his fries just like when he was little. "Is my cousin Erick with Dad?" Riki asks. 

Mara answered yes. But she didn't tell what they were doing to him. "Your Dad needs him. He won't kill him, if that's what you're worried about." 

Riki nods his head. "Glad to know that. He's nice to me, I hope you don't hurt him." He says, even though he knows that's what most likely they're doing to Erick. "So what's next?"

Mara looks please to see Riki is still interested in her business with Lucian. "Next we'll get you and you sister back, then we'll take over the world." 

"What about the white wings family then? What are we going to do with them?" He continues digging. 

"Well, about them. They'll just be mice by then. Sneaking in and out from the stinky pit of where they're hiding from us, scared and starving. Except for your girl Kat. Since you're taking her with us." Mara answers. 

"Can you let Kat talk to Erick? So that he can tell her the good side of us?" He tries to make a way. 

Mara acts like she was considering it. "Is there anything you'd like to say to him? I can convey the message, and see if he'll reply to it." 

"I just hope that he's doing fine. But Kat, she has a deep connection with him since they were kids. I can see how hurt she was when he suddenly disappeared. It hurts me too, seeing her like that." 

As planned, he touched the soft spot in Mara's heart. "You know I can make this projection out from my hands right? Like how I showed you what Lucian was doing when he didn't come back to our home so that you'll know that he's okay and will not miss him that much?" 

Riki nods his head yes. "You'd do that to her?" He asks with a perfectly faked excitement. "If making her happy makes you happy, then yes." Mara replies. 

They set on a place to meet again later, where Riki would bring Kat with him to meet Mara. "But is it okay for you to meet her? I mean, revealing yourself like that, won't it makes you in danger?" Riki asks. 

Mara cups his face gently, giving him the mother like smile that once calms his heart everytime he sees it. But now that he already knew the truth, it only despise him. It was like a mixed feelings in his chest. The love he had for her for 22 years, and the hatred that just came in as he knows the lies he had lived in were crumbling in his heart, each of them trying to dominate. 

"You know they can't kill me that easily, don't you?" Mara asks him. "It's our secret. You didn't tell that to anyone, right?" 

"No, mama. I didn't." Riki answered. He felt like screaming and took out his heart from the cage in his chest and throws it away as what he's feeling is too hard for him to keep it. But outside, he still covers it up with a smile. A really good cover up that even Mara, Lucian's dirty angel mastermind couldn't see it. 

"Then good. One day we'll live happily ever after as a family again. I know you'll help us make it." Mara says proudly.