33 - Cheat Death

All three of them were losing blood. Riki was at worst. Erick begins to see things and talks gibberish. "Hey Cass. I still have a little crush on you. It's just a lowkey feelings though. I love my girl." he let out a little laugh.

"Stop talking shit. You want to die, let's die in peace." Cassandra shut her eyes, letting out silent tears.

It took less than an hour for Joel to find the three of them. They were all lying unconscious. "No. Don't tell me I'm too late." Joel tells himself. He ran towards Cassandra first, and wakes her up.

In his hand he's dialling Richard's number on his phone. "Yes I've found them. I'll you send the location." he says to the phone. "Please, Cass. Wake up." he pat her cheeks.

Cassandra forced her eyes open, and when she sees Joel she doesn't know if it's real or it was just her mind. "Erick, I'm seeing Joel like you saw your mom just now." she whispered.

Joel removed her hair from covering her face. "No, it's me for real. Wake up, babe. I'm taking you home." They waited for the others to come and take them to their private wing in the hospital.

Joel sits beside Cassandra the whole time the doctor was stitching her wounds. "Erick and Riki. Are they okay?" Cass asks him. Joel looks down to the ground, holding his hands together. "I don't know." he was too afraid to check on them in the surgery room. Their situation was far worse than Cass is.

When the stitches are done they were left alone in the room. Joel has been silence since they got there, and Cassandra knows why. "Are you mad at me?" Cass asks.

Joel looks away. "Mad? No. Disappointed? Yes. You could've died." he mumbles. "But there's too much going on right now. I don't want to add any more mess." he adds.

Zabdiel and Richard came into the room, bringing Finn with them. "It must be you that help them find us." Cassandra smiles at the boy. She opens her arms wide, inviting him for a hug. Finn jumps on the bed and embraces her, saying sorry for not able to get their image appear on the mirror sooner.

"You've done your best. Thank you." she thanks him. "Any update on the others?" she asks Richard and Zabdiel. "Both are still unconscious. What have you got yourselves into?" Richard asks.

Cassandra told them that she went to Lucas's house to find Jodi, but he lied by taking her to the cabin where her father told his servant to torture her and Riki for betraying him. "I'm glad my dad wasn't that fierce." Richard let out a relief sigh.

Even though her wounds are stitched it still stings from time to time. She wonders how bad the pain Riki was having with those cuts all over him. Cassandra drops her feet from the bed and stood up. "I need to see Riki." she tells Joel when he orders her to get back on her bed.

When she walks closer towards Riki's room she can hear him screaming. "What happened?" She asks as she ran into the room. "I don't know. He just woke up and starts screaming." Kat answers, too shocked to figure out what she should do.

Cass ran to his bedside and holds his hand. "Riki, it's me, Cass." Riki didn't respond to her, he keeps groaning and screaming. "It's the wounds. He got too much of them it's killing him." Cass informs the others.

Kat ran out from the room and came back with Chris. She pushed him to the bed. "You're the healer angel, heal him." she tells him.

Chris just stood there, staring at Riki. Kat pushed him again, telling him to do his job. "I can't!" he turned his head on her. "I take orders from the heaven. Raphael, to be exact. I can't just heal people before he convey his permission to me."

"Then ask him to!" Kat yells. She almost loses her mind when she saw how bad Riki was suffering. Chris grabs her shoulder and tells her to calm down. "Look at me! I'll try my best and ask Jared how to handle this." he says, his eyes finds Finn who's peeking his head from the door. "While doing that, tell the witch kid to put him back to sleep."

Chris left the room, while Finn do what he was told to do with Riki. It doesn't take well for Riki to fall back to sleep, drawing another series of silence in the room. A while later they all start to feel some kind of chill down their spine.

Kat looks at Joel and shook her head. "No, it can't be them." her eyes get teary. Joel tells Finn to leave the room immediately before their guest comes. Cassandra was clueless, she was hoping for one of them to give her the answer.

The door was opened, followed by a cold wind blowing in. It reveals a young man with black hoodie, cold expression on his face. "What do we have here." the man says, looking at each faces in the room.

His eyes then lay on Riki's body. "That's my deal." he says, making a step closer to the bed. "Who are you?" Cassandra asks, blocking his way.

The man then furrow his brows and turned to Joel and Kat. "Mind introducing me to this lady?" he says, before sniffing on her. "Daughter of Lucian's. Interesting." he says.

Cassandra looks at Joel in confusion. The stranger gave her an unpleasant vibe. "He's the reaper. He's taking Riki away, I'm afraid." Joel says, avoiding Cassandra and Kat's gaze.

"We're not letting you do that!" Kat joins Cassandra to keep him away from Riki. "He was supposed to die after he was born, but his father trades his life with some devil. Now you want me to let him cheat his death again? Not gonna happen." the reaper says to them.

Before they can say anything Finn storms into the room. He made a hand gesture that makes the others freeze, except for the reaper. "Too much drama. Like I have all the time in the world for these. What was it kid?" the reaper asks him.

"It's not me. It's her. She wants to talk to you." Finn says, pointing his finger to the outside of the room.