26 - Leave The Lover

Riki was sitting behind Lucas, listening to him telling some made up stories to the Devil worshippers about how great Lucian is. The number of the worshippers get higher each day. Lucian offers things they always desire in life but cannot get on their own, whatever it is. In return they gave all their faith to him.

"With this many of them maybe your dad doesn't have to wait for the battle anymore. We have the an army of our own." Lucas whispers to him, grinning.

Riki took out his phone to warn his sister about it. That's when he noticed that he already got a text from her. Glancing at Lucas who is busy giving the talk with the ungodly ones, Riki thinks it's safe to open the text and read it.

Cassandra:
We need to talk.

Riki:
You read my mind. We do.

Riki stood up, making Lucas turned his head on him. "I have something to do." he tried to dismiss himself. "To meet your angel girlfriend?" Lucas asked. Riki just nod, it's better for Lucas to assume that than knowing that he's meeting his sister.

Before he took a step to leave Lucas grabbed his hand. "Last time. Leave her, before I slit her throat." Lucas warned him. Riki has been getting the same threat many times before but this time Lucas looks deadly serious about it. Nodding his head, Riki snapped his hand and walk away.

They met at a private place. Riki stepped down from his bike to find Cassandra waiting for him alone, leaning on the car. "Where's Joel?" he asked. Joel then rolled the window down and peeked his head out "Here."

Cassandra didn't get to ask him anything when he immediately grabbed her shoulder. "Listen to me, tell Joel and his cousins and his dad to stay on guard. The worshippers are getting more each day and we might lose before we know it." he says, almost running out of breath.

Joel stepped out from the car when he heard that. "What did you say?" he asked Riki. Riki repeats what he said earlier with worry shown on his face. Joel still looks calm, confusing both Riki and Cassandra.

"Having that many people losing faith on us is worrying, of course. But even if he won by the number of believers he has, without winning the battle with my dad he still won't be granted by the Heaven as a king. Not without you guys." Joel explains, still not making things clear to the siblings.

"Wait, us?" Riki asked him. "Oh, I didn't tell you?" Joel looks at Cassandra who then shook her head no. "Remember you told me Maggie said that both you and Erick are valuable to Lucian because you have mixed blood?"

Cassandra nods as a response, while Riki is still looking at them questionably. "I didn't noticed it at first, but after that I came across something. You have both Angel's and Devil's blood. Making you twice stronger. Having you alongside him will convinced the Heaven that he's much more powerful that my dad. That will make them grant him the throne."

It's starting to get clearer in Cassandra and Riki's head. "As for now you have me and Erick, while Lucian only has Riki. Or so he thought because actually Riki is on our side too. That makes us stronger than he is, even though he's gathering much followers with him?" Cassandra asked.

Joel nod his head repeatedly. "Are you sure you're still not coming to live with us?" he asks Riki, who then shook his head. "That will trigger them to do something bigger. I'll just stay with them until the time comes for me to leave." he answers.

Then they heard someone slammed the car door from the other side, making them shocked. "Seriously, Riccardo? Stay with them until it's time to leave? What if it's too late?" Kat storms on him, pushing him with her both hands.

Riki was too surprised he can't do anything but to take every charge coming from Kat. Feeling sorry for the guy, Joel grabbed Kat's hand to stop her and stood in between her and Riki. "She was here all the time?" Riki asks him.

Joel nods while trying to calm her down. "Don't get it wrong, Riki. I didn't call you here to expose you. She already knew. For a long time, actually." Cassandra explains before he jumps into conclusions.

Riki ran his hands in his hair, looking at Kat with frustration on his face. "All this time?" he asks. "Yes, idiot. All this time. I heard you talking with Lucas. Waited for months for you to be honest with me but you just played me like a fool." Kat yells at him, trying to get Joel away from standing between them.

Riki gently pushed Joel aside. "I was just waiting for the-" he didn't get to finish his words when Kat clutched his shirt. "For the right time? Guess you suck in that. You've missed the right time you had, Riki. That's why I can't trust you being with them any longer. You always wait for too long. Until it's too late." she starts to cry as she was worried about him.

Seeing her like that breaks Riki's heart even more. "Do you want me to come with you?" he asked in low tone. She nods silently. "I want to take you with me right now if I can." she says, almost inaudible as she keeps her head to the ground.

Riki then look at Cassandra and Joel, they both look like they want him to come with them right away too. He thinks to himself for a while before he made his decision. Tilting Kat's head up, he wiped away her tears.

"You know I hate to make you sad. I hate disappointing my sister too." he glanced at Cassandra before looking back at Kat. "But I've failed my mother for 22 years. For this time let me be the inside man to find my dad's weakness. For my mom, and for you guys."

He closed his eyes and kissed the top of her head. "You're smart, my love." Riki forced himself to look happy. "Lucas warned me that he'll kill you if we keep seeing each other. It's good that we're here now so I can tell you I love you for the last time. It's for your own good. You can live without me. We'll be back together, I promise."

He cupped her face and kissed her. It really feels like the last time as none of them want to break the kiss. And when they did Riki can't let himself look at her face any longer. Cassandra feels bad for the two of them, she can't let herself look at the scene so she buried her face on Joel's chest.

"I'll hit you guys up for anything. Remember, stay on guard." he reminds Joel and Cassandra as he got onto his bike. He then glanced at Kat, mouthing a silent farewell to her and left without looking back.

Wings Of Choice (Joel Pimentel) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें