27 - Away For The Weekend

"Dump her already?" Lucas asked as Riki get into their house. "I did. Happy now?" Riki answers, clearly not in the mood for further conversation. "Good. Your father would be glad to know that." Lucas hands him a drink.

"My dad, or you? I don't know what makes you hate her. She doesn't even know about us." Riki asks. "I just don't want you to be like your sister. Left everything behind for so called love. Betrayer." Lucas air quote the word love and get into his room.

In his room, Lucas took out a picture that he hid under the folded clothes in his closet. He took a look behind the picture, and read the words written on it.

Happy Birthday, Luke. You're the best xxCassiexx.

"I was the best, huh? Guess that's only valid when you're alone in the Underworld." he scoff, looking at the picture in his hand. "And that ended once you've met them. Let's see how long you're gonna have them with you, Cass." he said with an evil smirk, as he imagined how he's going to end the white wings's family.

---

Kat hasn't come out from her room since she got back. Richard noticed his sister's weird behavior and they told him about Riki ending his relationship with her. "I know something is wrong with that guy!" Richard punched his fist into his palm.

"Easy, brother. You don't know the reason of him doing that." Jodi calms her brother down. "Reason? What good reason does a person have to leave a girl that loves them?The two of you suck at choosing the right guy to love." Richard shook his head.

"Wow, you're dragging me into this too?" Chris says, feeling attacked by Richard's words. Joel can't stand it anymore. "He has a good reason. I was there too. But I won't tell you about it." he tells Richard.

Before Richard can protest, Joel switched the subject. "By the way, have you guys decided where should we go this weekend?" he asked his cousins.

The cousins discussed with each other, while Cassandra was confused about why they are going away this weekend and asked Joel about it. "I'm sorry I forget to tell you about it. This weekend is my parent's anniversary. My dad usually wants to be alone at time like these. So every year on that day we go somewhere, far from here to give him alone time. Because he asked us to." he explained it to her.

"Let's go to our island. You've never been there before, right?" Chris asked Cassandra. She looks at Joel and they both smiled suspiciously. "Wait you've been there? You took her there? When?" Erick asked, looking at both Joel and Cassandra.

"It was a week after Richard's birthday. She was being moody, so I took her there to cheer her up." Joel answers. "But we can still go there this weekend. The last time we went there it was just us two. It must be fun with all of us this time."Cassandra says excited. "What says you, kid?" she asks Finn who was busy playing with a video game.

"Love it." he answers with no emotion, not turning his head from the screen, making Joel furrowed at his act. "Ever since Yashua bought him that thing he forgets to live in the real world." Erick facepalm himself.

---

The weekend comes, and as soon as they got off from the boat everyone was running around the beach. Erick immediately put off his clothes and get into the water. He lay on his stomach, splashing the water with the back of his feet. "Baby look, I'm a merman" he tells Samia, who's laughing at his goofiness.

Cassandra was about to join the others into the water as well, but Joel picked her up his shoulder

Cassandra was about to join the others into the water as well, but Joel picked her up his shoulder. "Since everyone is here let's just be alone in the pool." he told her as he ran into the villa.

They both jumped into the swimming pool, splashing water at each other before Joel pulled Cassandra hands around him. "Do I look hot right now?" he asked her. Cassandra check on his body, while biting her lower lips seductively. "As always." she ran her finger on his chest.

Joel stares onto her face, then down to her lips. "We've kissed while flying in the air, thousand feet from the ground. Wanna try kissing underwater?" Joel asked smirking. "Let's see how long you can hold your breath." Cassandra pushed him under the water with her and kissed him.

They all were having the time of their life

They all were having the time of their life. That night they chilled by the beach with bonfire. Zabdiel brought his guitar with him and starts playing some songs with Erick. After that some of the dismissed themselves to sleep, while the couples are doing their business.

Joel and Cassandra walk by the beach, holding each other's hands. "I was thinking if I were to propose you I'll do it here." Joel says absentmindedly, making Cassandra chuckles.

"You don't tell your girl how and where you're going to propose her, babe." she laughs. Joel blushed, as he noticed he speaks his mind out loud. "Whatever, I just told you the place, not how I'm going to do it." he backs himself up.

"May I ask you something, Joel?" Cassandra asks. Joel looks at her and tell her to just let it out. "Why does your dad wants everyone to leave during your parents anniversary?" she asked.

Joel took a deep breath. "It's a long story, I guess. It's not just the date. This day is supposed to be a happy day for him and my mom. With her passing, it just brought back every bad memories he had about our family. At least that's what I guess it is. I never asked him anyway." Joel answers.

Cassandra just nods. There's a lot she doesn't know about Joel's family. He never spoke about it, so Cassandra doesn't want to cross her boundaries. "I think by now I should've tell you the story of my family. I haven't talked about it for a long time." Joel says, taking her hand to sit with him on the sand.

Author's note: Thanks to incompetenthybrid for whispering some ideas for me to go on. I'm pretty sure most of you have been a fan of her work, but if you haven't you should check them out now! Don't waste your life not being Kat's fan ☝