55 - Sides

Riki brought himself to an underground room, where the interior is filled with red lights. The people inside are the kind of people your parents warned you not to hang out with. When he gets inside he tells a guy he's there for someone called Snake and wait for him at a table in the corner. 

A few minutes later the guy he talked to earlier came. "Snake's coming." He says before he leaves Riki alone again. 

"Look who we have here." Irama says, as he pulls a chair and sits on it. "Mara's little boy." 

Riki rolls his eyes. "I'm Matilda's son." He corrects him. Irama smiles suspiciously, as he puts his hand on Riki's shoulder. Riki shrugs and pushes Irama's hand away as he knows what he's trying to do. "So you've known the truth." Irama says with a smirk. 

"I've always known who my real mother is." "You know what I mean by the truth, boy." Irama arched his brow. "Let's cut the crap. I know you know everything about my ma. Tell me about it." Riki cuts the chase. 

---

"Oh, you're here again. How exciting." Erick says sarcastically behind bars. He raised his head to find Lucian smiling at him, then he put his hoodie up and looks down to the ground again. 

"Kid, have your wings healed?" Lucian asks

"Kid, have your wings healed?" Lucian asks. Erick doesn't answer. Being down there for a week is enough to make him colder, just as Lucian wants him to. "It's going to end soon. Just a few sessions left." 

"Sessions of torture, you mean. Just do whatever you want. I'm losing my will to fight already." Erick asnwers unfazed. 

Lucian lets out his evil side smirk before he calls his servants to take Erick back to the torture room. "At least in here there's more light." Erick says as they entered the room. 

Lucas came to join in later as Erick was tied up to the chair he's sitting on. "Glad I make it on time. I love this show." He smiles at Lucian, looking excited to watch Erick being hurt again. 

The servants look at Lucian, waiting for him to give his approval for them to start. He nods, so the servants begin their job. One of them took out a lash. Lucian reads a spell, making Erick lets his wings out before another two servants hold them. 

And so it begins, the lash hits Erick's skin, slashing his skin. His black feathers that just grew out were plucked. Erick was screaming in pain. His legs kicking the air, his hands struggles to break free from the chain that's holding him. 

Mara came running into the room. "You're late." Lucian says, half screaming to take over Erick's crying. Mara didn't answer. "I'll add a catalyst to this." She says instead. 

Mara moves her fingers, letting out some smoke. The smoke then turns into a figure. It turns into Lucinda, Erick's mother. "Mom." Erick whispers in tears. 

The imaginary Lucinda walks in front of him. She's smiling, moving her hand on Erick's face. For a second Erick stopped feeling the pain, as he was too delighted to see his mother again. 

"Now, the best part." Mara grins. She snapped her fingers, making Lucinda's image burns before Erick's eyes. Seeing his mother burned in front of him, Erick howls louder than before. Even Lucas covers his ears as he couldn't stand it. 

When Erick stops howling his closed his eyes. He opened them again for the others to see it turned black. "It's happening." Mara says proudly. 

Just after a few seconds the black eyes returned Erick's green orbs back

Just after a few seconds the black eyes returned Erick's green orbs back. But it's not the same Erick anymore. "Hello Erick." Lucian took a step closer towards him. "Who are you now, Erick the Angel, or a Devil?" He asks. 

Erick looks up to him with a smile. "My Lord, I'm indeed a Devil." He answers. Lucian has made it. He brought up the Devil in Erick. 

---

"Now you know everything." Irama says after he's done telling Riki about the things Mara has done in her life. Riki always know Mara and Lucian are close, but he never expected her to play such a big role behind Lucian's moves. 

Irama leans forward from his seat. "So now you've changed side, huh? I remember how you were back then. Daddy's boy. Now not anymore." Lucian studies his face. 

"The Snake talking about sides. How ironic." Riki says mockingly. "I know the house my cousins stayed in is yours. Stay away from them. No one should trust you." He reminds Irama. 

"Ouch. That hurts." Irama replies with his hand on his chest. It reveals the two-headed snake tattoo at the back of his hand. "The last time you got there was when you were little. I'm surprised you still remember it." 

Not interested in further talks, Riki stood up. Just before he walks away to leave, Irama grabbed his hand. "I switched sides as I please, but Jodi and Chris are good people. I won't turn my back on them." 

Riki tried to pull his hand away but Irama tightens his grip. Riki's future flashes into his mind. "Whatever you planned to do, don't." He says in disapproval as he lets go.

"It's none of your business. I'm doing the right thing for everyone." Riki hissed before he leaves.