8 - Taking Risk

"I hate him!" Erick yells, kicking his feet in the air as they entered his room. "Why would he bother to talk to me if he knows it'll just lead to another endless fight?" He paused to catch some breath. "And you have to listen to me ranting about that old man again." He sighed, rubbing his hand against his forehead. 

Cassandra just smiles and tells him it's okay to be upset. All he has to do is share it all with her. "You don't know how much I appreciate you for being here." Erick hugs her and rest his chin on her shoulder. "At some point I feel like we really clicked, you get me?" He says.

Because we're the same, Erick. Cassandra says in her heart. Erick finally lets go of the hug, and wipes away the pooling tears in his eyes. "Did I just ruin your first party in the palace?" He chuckles. Cassandra shook her head. "Don't worry about it. I don't care about the party. You are more important." She assured him. 

They were disturbed by sound of the door opened behind them. They both turned their head to find a middle age woman peeking in. Looking at that time stopping shine in her eyes and the enchanting smile she's wearing, Cassandra gets her father's vibe in the woman's looks. It's Erick's mother Lucinda. 

"Am I interrupting?" Lucinda asks as she noticed her son is not alone. "No, not at all. I'm about to leave anyway." Cassandra smiles before she says goodbye to Erick and leave him with his mother. As they walked passed each other Lucinda feels something familiar in the way Cassandra smiles. But she brushed it off to focus on her son. 

Cassandra wants to find Joel but she doesn't know where he is. And listening to the dead silence in the whole wing, she assumed that the party just ended. Walking down the curved marble stairs she can hear voices coming from downstairs. Then she finds Richard, Zabdiel and Samia drinking together. 

"Cass, come join us." Richard calls for her as soon as he saw her coming. Cassandra joins them, taking a glass from Richard as he pours the liquor in. "Where's everyone? Where's your twin sister? I don't have a chance to talk to them." She asks. 

Richard looks at Zabdiel, who's grinning because he knows where one of the twins is before he rolls his eyes in annoyance. "Jodi is with Chris in his room. Don't ask me what they're doing, I hate it. I've warned her so many times but she keeps coming to him everytime she gets here. She's just like her twin Kat. They never listen to me." He whines. "The others are back to their rooms. It's just us in this wing right now." He adds. 

They continue talking about Erick and Joel's act that resulted in the party to end earlier than they planned to. They can guess what's happening with Erick, as they are all aware of his grandfather's issue. But they're still wondering what's the deal with Joel.

"Speaking of which, where's Joel?" Cassandra asks, and Zabdiel tells her where his room is. "But he's in a very bad mood right now. We usually don't disturb him when he's like that. It can be scary." He shrugs. 

"It's okay, I'll just check on him. I'll come back if things go wrong." She answers before Richard pulled her gently and whispered into her ears. "It's my birthday. Can I get a gift?" He grins when he says that. Cassandra kissed him on the cheek. "We'll see. But I can't promise anything. Happy birthday, Rich." She says before she walks away. 

"Do I want to know if you've done anything before?" Zabdiel asks as Cassandra lose from his sight. Richard just shrugged his shoulders while holding his smile, thinking about the night he thought he 'did it' with her. "And you dare to tell me you'll take Samia if Erick refuses to marry her." Zabdiel glares at him, hugging his sister Samia. 

Cassandra knocks on Joel's door but there's no answer. After thinking for a while if she should just enter or leave him alone, her hand just turned the knob as if her body wants her to get in. The room was empty, but the sliding door to the balcony was widely opened. And there he was, standing alone in the balcony, watching over the sky. 

Cassandra gathers all the courage in her to get in and approach him

Cassandra gathers all the courage in her to get in and approach him. As she gets to the balcony she stands beside him, swallowing the lump in her throat to start talking to him. "Are you done comforting him? Is it my turn now?" Joel says cynically when he notices her presence. 

"Joel, don't. I come here to talk. Just like you want me to." Cassandra speaks gently to unwind him. "I wanted to talk to you, but you left with him. Guess it's not that important to you, so why would you bother about it now? Don't let me stop you from having fun with my cousins, Cass. Go enjoy yourself with the other princes." He replied without even glancing at her. 

Cassandra can feel herself lose the patience in her. Joel is just acting like a bitch when she's trying to fix things up. "I was here to make it up to you, because I like you and I thought we are clear about that. But it seems like you don't want me here. As you wish, Joel. Good night." She says before she makes her way to leave. 

Sighing, Joel grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him, making her bumped into his chest. "Don't leave. I want you here." he begs.

"Then act like it, Joel. I can't handle it when you're being cold to me like that." Cassandra wraps her arms around him and rest face on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. "I'm sorry, Cass. I didn't mean to push you away. I'm just insecure when I see you with him." he strokes her hair with his hand.

"It's my fault too. I shouldn't ignore you these passed days. I'm just scared of what's going to happen between us." she speaks in his chest.

Joel holds her arms, gently letting her off from holding him. "Trust is all we need, Cass. Trust me, and I'll do the same. That's how we're going to make this work." he locks his brown eyes into her before he leans in and kiss her lips.

Cassandra knows the risk, but she's not going to let him wait no more. Doesn't matter what will happen tomorrow, I'm giving him what he needs tonight. She thinks to herself as she pulls him back into the room.

"You sure about this?" Joel asks after they undressed each other. "That's the second time you ask me that. I'm telling you if you ask me again I'm going to change my mind." she threatened him.