15 - Couple's Issue

One week passed and Cassandra and Joel were inseparable since they made up. Matilda followed Matthew back to Vélez's place but Cassandra doesn't come along. She chose to stay with Joel and Jared allows her to.

Joel just finished his alone time in the library. On his way back to his room, he walked pass the living hall, where he heard familiar voices giggling. Feeling suspicious, he stops to see what's going on.

Cassandra stops Kat's hand from flipping the album page. "Stop. Aww this one is cute." she says, admiring Joel's baby picture.

As he sees the picture in the album, Joel snatched it away

As he sees the picture in the album, Joel snatched it away. "What the actual fuck?" he whines, his face turns red as he keeps the album close to his chest.

"We're just showing Cass how your son will look like if you get one." Erick laughs. "Oh, you don't think I can show it to her myself? This is bullying." Joel protests.

He then squeezed himself in between Kat and Cassandra, making a payback by showing Erick's pictures when he was a kid. While they were laughing at his naked baby picture they were disturbed by a voice screaming at someone.

"Go away, go kiss random girls in the street. I'm moving back to my family's place. I'm done chasing after you for years." Jodi's voice heard. They all turned their head to the open door, and saw Jodi walked while Chris tried to coax her. She glanced at all eyes that's staring at the both of them, before she storms off to her room, leaving Chris alone.

Richard stood up from his seat, locking his death glare on Chris. "Just what have you done to my sister, Vélez?" he bawl his eyes out on him. Kat holds her brother's chest, and tell him she'll check on her twin sister. "And don't do anything stupid to him, we know how he lives his life. You won't make any difference." she reminds him before she left. On her way to the hallway she took a chance to kick Chris on his knees, almost making him fall.

Afraid that the son of Camacho would beat the hell out of him, Chris raised both his hands in surrender and ran away before anyone can say anything. "Told her there's nothing good with that boy other than his face." Richard mumbles on his own.

Erick's phone blew up, making him the center of attention. He smiles as he saw the caller ID and showed the screen to every one. "Got to go, future wife is calling." he winks at Zabdiel before walking away. "Mia Samia." he says on his way out from the room.

Seeing him happy makes Cassandra happy too, as she considers him as her little brother. "Seems like the arranged wedding will go out well." she tells Zabdiel who then shrugs. "I don't know, I'm kinda worried for the both of them." he says.

The others in the room gave him a confused look, demanding him to elaborate his point. "You must've known better, Cass. Everyone likes Erick when they look at him. But Samia and Erick never slept together because my mother believes in sex after marriage. I'm just afraid that things will change once they do it, you get me? I don't want any of them to be hurt." he lets out his concern.

They all nod in silence as they understand his worries. Zabdiel is right, Cass knew better. She had the same fear about Joel before. "Maybe in time she'll really fall for him. Let's just hope for the best." she assured him, and Zabdiel let out a faint smile in response.

A few minutes later Kat came back. Followed by Jodi who then took a seat beside her brother, resting her head on his shoulder. "Don't worry I'll teach him a lesson." Richard comforts her. "You don't have to. We have a plan already." Kat says grinning.

Just before Kat explains what the plan is, Erick came in. "Zabdi you might want to give your father a call. Samia told me he's having a fever, something like that." he jumps in, not knowing that he just disturbed a conversation Kat tried to make with the others.

Kat rolls her eyes and point her finger on an empty spot on Zabdiel's couch. "Yea whatever he'll make that call later. Now take a seat, skinny boy." Kat tells him, and he obeys.

---

Kat took all of her cousins to a party in Riki's house. The whole house was filled with post hardcore music, making Erick uncomfortable as he clings on Joel's arms. "What are you doing? It's embarrassing." Joel pull his arm away.

"These people are scary. Look at those tattoos." he speaks in fear. "Nothing is scary in here, Erick. I'm guessing you never been to heavy metal concert. That would make you piss your pants." Chris mocks him.

Riki came and grab Kat by surprise, before kissing her on the lips, then down to her neck. "Watch it stranger, that's my sister." Richard furrows his brows. "Oh, I'm sorry. You must be Richard. I'm Riki, Kat's boyfriend." he leaves a kiss on her cheek, making Richard annoyed.

Kat whispers something to him, before he nods and smiles as he yells for his roommate's name. "Lucas, come here." he waves at a direction. When Lucas comes closer, Cassandra felt her knees gone weak as she saw who he is.

"These are Kat's cousins

"These are Kat's cousins." Riki tells him. "I'm Lucas. Riki's roommate." he smiles at them, not even laying his eyes on Cassandra, who was stunned since the moment she saw him. "And you must be Jodi. You're prettier than your twin sister. No hard feelings, Kat." he glance at Kat before continue flirting with Jodi, making Chris glare at him.

Lucas took Jodi away with him, followed by Kat and Riki. The others agreed that they're not feeling the party, so they left to the nearest diner. "Lucas looks like he's really into your sister." Erick says to Richard, intentionally making it loud enough for Chris to hear him.

"He doesn't look like a good person." Chris shove a fries into his mouth and chew it violently with fury in his face. "Never knew a guy that spends each minutes in his life flirting sounds like a good person." Richard raised his brow, rending Chris speechless.

"Actually, I have a bad feeling about him as well." Cassandra says blankly with her eyes on the table. Noticing that she slipped out something she shouldn't say, she quickly shake her head. "Forget it. I'm just talking nonsense."

Author's note: I just hope I'm doing good enough here. Don't forget to vote, love y'all