6 - Back Story of Colon's Half Blood

It has been a month since Cassandra made her first appearance, and just as they agreed to, Joel and Cassandra keeps whatever between them at low when they are with the others. Sometimes Joel sneaked out in the middle of the night to Cassandra's place. Still, he got nothing other than kisses and cuddles.

"Why are you not answering that?" Luke asks, referring to Cassandra's phone that hasn't stop ringing since morning. "Just feel like taking a rest from all this seducing mission." Cassandra sigh, turning her phone on mute.

She has been avoiding Joel for almost a week. It starts with Joel taking her on a date. He took her to a music festival, which was fun. Then of course they kissed at the end of the day, she even let him into her house but when Joel starts sneaking his hand into her shirt on the bed she started feeling scared, so she pushed him away.

"I just don't get it. You used the spell on what's the name of that muscular one? Richie?" "Richard" Cassandra corrects Luke. "Yea, Richard. We can even hear him moan in his sleep, thinking that you had sex with him when actually we're in the kitchen eating snacks. So you can't say that you're not sleeping with Joel because you forgot the spell, it's obvious you don't." Luke squints his eyes on her.

Cassandra looks away, thinking whether or not to share it with him. "Promise me you won't tell Lucian. Please." She begged him. Luke nods, convincing her that he'll keep this one a secret if it means so much to her.

"You know we are only attractive to others because we play with their lust, right? Once we fulfill their lust their feels for us will magically fade away. Just like that. Unless they love us for real. That's why I have to use the spell to keep them liking me. I've used it on Richard, and it works. Of course I can just use it on Joel. But.."

"But you want to do it with him. Do it for real." Luke finished it for her. She let out another deep sigh and admitted it. "But if I did, and he doesn't really like me then it's over." She facepalm herself.

"That's complicated. Wait, you just met them for like, a month? And you already like him that much?" Luke asked, confused.

"That's another thing. How weak could Lucian's daughter be, that she can't stop thinking about one guy just after one month?" Cassandra shook her head, scrolling through her phone. "And you better go fly somewhere, skinny crow. A cousin is coming." She says as she read a text coming from Erick.

Luke gives her an annoyed face before he shifts form and leaves the house. Not that long after, Erick came, looking miserable. "Hey, what's wrong?" Cassandra asks, concerned. "Richard's birthday party is supposed to be today, isn't it?"

Erick rolls his eyes and shrugged. "The formal one? Yea. It started an hour ago." He walks to the balcony. "Everyone was in the palace right now. The others' siblings, my parents, my grandparents." He sighed when he mentioned grandparents.

Cassandra can sense that he must've issues with them, so she took him back inside, as they sat together side by side, and asks him to open up. After taking a deep breath, Erick looks at her with sad eyes, asking her if she knows about the "Royal's myth". "The one about you guys being angels and stuff? I've heard about it. It's just a myth, right?" Cassandra pretends not to know.

"It's not." He exclaimed. Unexpectedly he then let out his wings at his back. Cassandra pretends to be surprised, as she let out her hand to touch his black feathers. "You guys are real." She covers her mouth with her hand.

Erick nods. "But you notice what's odd? My wings are black. Angel's wings are supposed to be white. Like my other cousins. But not mine. Why? Because my mom is Lucian's twin. Lucinda. You're looking at a half blood here." He says as he takes his wings back in and looks down to the ground.

" He says as he takes his wings back in and looks down to the ground

"Okay. And what does that has to do with you and your grandparents? The Colons?" Cassandra asks. After another deep breath and a big sigh, Erick tells her he's going to share a story. His family's story.

---

(Erick's POV)

Back in the time when Chris's grandfather was the king, he has two kids. Matthew, which is Chris's father and Matilda. The royals marry each other's cousins to keep the royal blood sacred, so Matilda is supposed to marry my father.

Both my father and Matilda wasn't in love, but they have to obey the arranged marriage. So in attempt to make it works, they went out on a couple of dates. Until one day they bumped into the devil twins, Lucian and Lucinda without knowing who they really was.

My father falls for Lucinda, while Matilda falls for Lucian. The attempt to make the arranged marriage works suddenly turns to a secret relationship hideout. They pretend to go out on a date together, but split with each other's partners when they get in town.

As we all know the devil's charm is actually only a game of lust. Unless the person really loves you, the feelings they had will diminish once you have sex with them. Lucinda really loves my father that she came out clean to him, telling him who she and Lucian really is. My father really likes her too so he insisted that he wants to make love to her, just to prove that it was real.

And yes, the feelings didn't go away the morning after. After a long discussion on whether they should run away or just come clean to the royals, my father decided to just come clean, since my mother didn't want to stick with Lucian's plan anymore. That's how much she loves my father.

When Lucian finds out he was so mad he took Matilda away to the underworld with him. They never saw her ever since.

My grandparents never agrees with my father decision to marry Lucinda, but he did anyway. And it turns out they had a boy one year after they get married. Me.

Like it or not the Colons need someone to be the King's candidate. Since I was born my grandmother starts to be soft with my mother and me. But my grandfather, he hates even the sight of us. And today at the party, he keeps insulting my mother to our relatives, the thing he never stop doing since my father brought her into the family.

When I stood up for my mother, he starts this nonsense about "cleaning the Colons blood". He grabs Zabdiel's little sister Mesamia, and suddenly announced that he wants us to get married, so that our offspring will have less devil blood in them.

(Erick's POV ends)

--

"It's not the marriage I'm mad about. It's how he says it. Like my mother's blood is so disgusting. I'm so done living with these insults and just bear with it. Sometimes I think that maybe I don't belong here. Maybe I belong in the other side of my blood. The Devils." he says with tears in his eyes.

That's your debut deepika11ranveer . ktrinacnco was the one that gave me the idea to tell the story of their family. Love you guys 💕