Nagito Komaeda x Reader {Hopeful Birthday}

You had to do something for his birthday. That was why you tried to think of a way to make to make his birthday truly special. It was Nagito's birthday today. You were making a bundt cake since with it's shape it looked like the bagels that lucky student liked to eat so much. But you wanted to give him something else. Since you figured making something would make Komaeda much more happy. Since clearly putting thought into gifts would make him quite happy. Then again receiving anything would make him satisfied. You knew that if you just told him 'happy birthday.' He would be happy enough. But you wanted to do a lot for him because of how he had viewed himself as trash and a stepping stool for others. You wanted to show him that he was in fact loved.

You made him a green knitted bracelet.

Which wasn't that easy for you to make. However, it did turn out pretty well.  After you were done with the bracelet you worked on the bundt cake. You knew this wasn't something traditional. But you did hope that Nagito would like the cake you made none the less. After the cake was done and you set it out to cool. One of the others then approached you. This being Hajime who was helping the others prepare a party for Nagito. You knew that Teruteru probably already made a cake and the other food for the party.

"So can I count on you?" Hajime asked but you hardly had to think about his request.

"Of course you can. I will bring Nagito. " You answered with a smile.

After Hajime left you and the cake finished cooling you put the final touches on the cake. Putting icing onto the cake. You then decided to go find Komaeda. The lucky student was over by the beach. You walked over by him with a smile.

"Happy birthday, Nagito." You called out earning a smile from him.

"Thank you so much. I am so grateful that you remembered the birthday of someone like me." The white-haired boy looked so happy that you had remembered his birthday.

"There is no way I could forget. You are special to me so that is why I could never forget." You exclaimed with a light blush coming onto your cheeks.

"{Y/n} you really made me happy. Because of your words. Today is a day full of spendid hope. Such hope so radiant and wonderful. Perhaps, this is the hope I was looking for." Nagito going off onto one of his hope rants as per usual. But you would expect nothing less from the lucky student. But you hardly minded him talking about hope because by now you were actually used to it.

"Oh, right. I have something for you." You pulling out a box which had the knitted bracelet in it. It was wrapped in bagel wrapping paper that you actually managed to find which was quite lucky.

"I made this myself. I hope you like it." You told him as he wrapped the box and opened it seeing the knitted bracelet inside.

"Of course, I like it. There is no way I couldn't like something you put so much effort and care into. Especially just receiving something from you makes me incrediably happy. Just seeing your smiling face on my birthday alone is enough of a present. But you actually made me something. You really are incrediable. Thank you so much." He thanked taking it out of the box and putting it on his wrist. To see the boy so pleased with something you made was nice. A smile came to your face.

"I made you a cake too." You mentioned.  A happy but surprised look on Nagito's face.

"You made me a cake as well. Seriously, you are spoiling me."

"I want to make sure you have a great birthday."

"I am having a great birthday. Having you spend my birthday with me is enough. You give me so much hope and happiness just by spending time with me." He brought up making you blush in response.

"I see. Well, I am glad you feel that way. Anyway, follow me okay?" You realized that it was getting close to the time the party was going yo start. You grabbed the white-haired boy's hand in yours and pulled him along. His hand warm and comforting in your own.

"{Y/n} where are we going?" He asked not complaining about you pulling long but obviously curious about where you were taking him. You could hardly tell him about the party.

"It's a secret."

"Alright. If it's someplace you are taking me I am sure it will a place full of hope."

You didn't answer him and proceeding to walk side by side with well holding hands. When you approached the hotel he may have some idea what this was about. After the two of you went up the stairs.

"Surprise!" The others called out and there were various party dishes and two cakes laided out. Nagito looked surprised as it seemed like he didn't think that no one would set up a party for him.

"It makes me so happy that you guys set up this party for someone like me." He smiled looking around the room. After ariving in the hotel restaurant you let go of his hand. A light blush still on your cheeks.

After everyone sang happy birthday to him and  blew out the candles. You wondered what he wished for. Then you decided to give him a little bit of the cake you made.

"This is really good {y/n}." He complimented with a smile. This making you blush in response. You were happy that he enjoyed the cake you made.

"Nagito..."

"What is it?" He asked and noticed that you were blushing.

"I have one more birthday gift for you."

"One more? But you already gave me so much."

You proceeded to kiss Nagito's cheek. The warm feel of his cheek upon your lips making your blush darken. His cheeks turning red the moment your lips pressed up against one. After that both you and him were flustered. The day for the both of you have been quite enjoyable.

~~~~~~

This is something I wrote for Komaeda's birthday. I hope you like it.