Kazuichi Souda x Female! Reader {Green with Envy}

His attention went to a certain blonde princess. An image you couldn't quite live up to. Even if it made you frustrated. What was so good about her? What did she have that you didn't? These thoughts entered your mind whenever you saw Kazuichi gush about his lovely 'miss Sonia'. Sonia was a princess straight out of a fairytale. But it wasn't like the ultimate princess liked him she clearly was more interested in the ultimate breeder.

His gaze was on her at the moment. Making you bite your lip in irritation. You hated how jealous you felt. That you even felt jealous. Sonia didn't do anything know. You knew that you had no need to feel like this. Your gaze drifted from the lesson to the pink-haired male even though you tried to stop thinking about him.

After class, you approached the mechanic. Placing a hand on his shoulder from behind.

"Kazuichi."

"Ahhhhhhh!" He screeched out in fear. Of course, he was easily freighted of basically anything. You found that pretty cute.

"Kazuichi, it's me. Calm down." You told him hoping that it would calm him down.

"{Y/N} Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Give me some warning next time."

"Yeah, I'll be sure to. So how are things with Sonia?"

His pink eyes avoided yours as you could tell he basically got nowhere with her. You already knew the answer before asking him.

"Ehhh, well you know...it isn't bad." He answered as he sweated and was obviously lying to you.

"Kazuichi. You are hopeless." You sighed. The mechanic could be such a dense idiot sometimes. But you still liked him anyway.

"Hey! I'm not hopeless!" Kazuichi retorted.

"Yes, you are. Sonia has barely talked to you. She doesn't even pay attention to you." You pointed out it causing the mechanic to pull his hat down.

"That is..."

"She shows more interest towards Gundham. It is obvious why she barely talks to you."

"W-why is that? Why are you being so mean to me now anyway?" Kazuichi exclaimed as you couldn't reveal your true feelings towards him.

"You don't care about the real her Kazuichi. You care about the image of her in your head. The perfect princess. You don't get to know her and avoid getting to know her."

"W-what do you know anyway?!"

"I know more about this than you. Listen, I can help you but you need to let me." You offered to feel some regret about doing this. Why were you helping them get together? Maybe you were the real idiot.

"Help me? What do you plan to do?"

"Well, I am a girl. I can talk to Sonia about things you can't for one thing. Another I know things about what girls like. Three, I know more about relationships then you do currently." You told him but the last part was a bluff as you knew basically nothing. But Kazuichi didn't need to know that.

"You do have a point. That would be helpful."

"Great. First, let's talk about what girls like. Maybe we can do some flirting lessons." You offered as you figured that may help. But you wondered if you were doing the right thing. This would make him happy but...if it went too well then...Kazuichi wouldn't be with you anymore.

~~~~~

So started you helping Kazuichi with his love life. It meant you could more spend time with him. But it was time devoted to helping him get with another girl. So it wasn't something that made you really happy. Even though you wished it did. After a lesson, he gave you a smile that showed his sharp teeth. It made you so happy. But afterwards, you felt guilty.

"Kazuichi...if you liked someone and they never returned your feelings. What would you do?"

"I don't know. Thanks to you, I am doing so much better. I can't imagine something like that happening." The mechanic told you with a smile.

By asking that you thought he might give you some idea. Maybe you should be more exact. No, you felt guilty again. As you expected you would be bothering him.

"If...if things didn't work out...what would you do?"

"I don't really know."

"If I...li...I mean if I was her shoes I would consider you a great boyfriend. So it is her loss." You told him stopping yourself from making it even more obvious that you liked him.

"Thanks. You're a great friend. I am glad I have a friend like you." Kazuichi told you and you weren't sure if you should be happy or disappointed. You were basically friend-zoned weren't you?

"Yeah...I am glad that we are friends..."

~~~~

The next couple of days were the same. With you talking to Sonia and Kazuichi. You reported back more information. But with the number of differences and lack of anything in common. You wondered if anything you weren't doing was helping.

Not that you really wanted things to turn out already. Well, you knew you were in the exact same situation as the mechanic. Which was cruel irony at it's finest?

"Hey, so do you want to talk things out at a cafe? I got these coupons. I was going to ask Miss Sonia but..."

"You chickened out."

"You don't have to say it like that. But it isn't someone of Miss Sonia's class would go anyway."

"Jeez, what am I to do with you?" You sighed as you walked alongside him to a cafe.

Of course, this would give anyone hope for it being a date. But since he was still talking about Sonia. You knew it was nothing like that. It was unlikely that these feelings would be reciprocated. But you liked seeing him happy even despite everything. Perhaps, these feelings of yours would disappear along with the jealousy and you could be content with this simple friendship between you and Kazuichi. That is at least what you hoped.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

This is something different. I liked Kazuichi even despite his whole thing with Sonia being annoying at times in the game. I wanted to focus on jealousity in this oneshot. Originally, I was going to go with Kazuichi falling in love with the reader at the end. I could continue this and made a second part. But I don't know if I have the time or the skill to write it properly. Well, at least I wrote an unexpected ending so the oneshot isn't cliché. But I still feel unsatisfied with this. But I hope that someone enjoyed this. I wanted to do a oneshot that wasn't a request to practice a bit more. As if I mess up on a oneshot that isn't requested I feel less guilty.