Mama {A Teruteru mother's day oneshot}

That day was an important day. The chef always has been close to his mother. Well, he wasn't really close to anyone else. His father wasn't really around, his half siblings were bratty. They hardly cared enough to support her or help out at the Hanamura diner. Even if he acted like he had friends it was obvious that he didn't really have any. There was no way he could think about that more then necessary.  Especially, since he knew that he had to keep up a strong face in front of everyone.

He received a letter from Hope's Peak Academy and would be able to go there soon. Then he would be able to open an Aoyama and Azabu. For now since it was mother's day he would try to make to make today a good one.  For the woman who raised him, taught him how to cook, and was such an inspiration to him.

Before his mother could wake up he headed to the kitchen to cook breakfast for his mom to have in bed. What would be good to make? That day he intended on making all of his mother's favorite foods and taking on all the work so that she could just relax. His mom certainly deserved it after all the work she did.

Since his mother rather enjoyed a more traditional Japanese breakfast he decided to go make exactly that.  Rather then a more western breakfast. Teruteru put on the red Hanamura diner apron and headed to the kitchen. After finishing breakfast the brunette headed to his mother's room tray in hand. His mother was still in bed and had just woken up and sat up.

"Happy mother's day, Mom." Teruteru told with a smile as he came over to her side.

"Thank you for remembering." His mother looking to her son

"I brought you breakfast to have in bed." He handed his mom the tray, a smile coming to her face.

"Thank you, sweetie." His mother looking pleased and it made him quite happy. The short boy waiting for his mother to try some the food. Even though she was his mother-no because she was his mother he always worried about cooking to or beyond her expections.

"So what do you think?" He asked hoping that his mother liked the breakfast.

"It is really delicious. Thank you again for the breakfast." She complimented. Teruteru was relived to hear that his mother enjoyed it. To have seen his mother happy was great. That was the reason why he cooked to see her happy and maybe to put a smile on other people's faces. Although, he was more focused on doing so for those he held dear to him.

"Great, good to hear. Today you don't have to worry. Just relax, okay? You deserve to take a break." Teruteru let her know since he planned to handle everything today.

"You don't have to, sweetie."

"You always work so hard. Not to mention I want to do this." Teruteru insisted not taking no for an answer.

"Well, if you insist."

The mom clearly realizing that her son was doing this for her. Even though she didn't want him helping too much or overworking. Since he was still young and had a lot his life to live. She didn't want to stress him with her illness or with the diner. The cooking of his indeed was wonderful and she was so proud of him. For getting an acceptance letter into Hope's Peak, for helping her out with the dinner, and for being so kind. She had faith in her son. That he after coming back home would be a fantastic chef...maybe he would bring back a special someone.

After the mother was done with breakfast. Her son took the tray and went to the sink to wash it. Well, Teruteru was gone she got dressed and headed out of the bedroom.

The house was connected to the restaurant. Teruteru did handled all the work and even do it was for just that day. She did wish that she could help.

After all of the orders from the customers were taken care of and restaurant hours were done. Teruteru stretched out his arms being glad that he managed to take care of everything.

"Alright, now all of that is done." He sighed in relief.

"I felt bad about having you take on all the work."

"It was no bother at all mom. You don't have to worry."

"I know but soon you will be going to the city and I don't want you to work too hard either."

"Mom, you don't have to worry so much."

"Moms worry. It is kind of natural. I know you will do great, sweetie."

"Yeah, I know." He avoided looking at her. Yes, he thought it. Since then he wouldn't see his home for a while or his mom. Even though he could see her on holidays there is no way he wouldn't be concerned. But he had to leave to take care of the Hanamura diner and so his mom wouldn't have to work so hard.

"Anyway, how about I give you a back massage." Teruteru suggested figuring that would be a nice enough gesture and would change the subject. Since he didn't want his mom to think about this just yet. Neither did he want to either.

"Sure, that would be nice sweetie."

The son massaged his mom's shoulder's and back.

"I am proud of you." She told him with a smile.

-------

Word Count-924

Happy Mother's Day. I decided to write something for Teruteru since he is fun to write for and he cares a lot about his mom. So he was perfect to write a mother's day oneshot for. I hope you enjoyed this.