Into the Abyss {Ryoma centered oneshot}

The moment she graced him with a smile his world became brighter then ever. That smile of her a saving grace on his worst days.  His world full of color. Truly, he never felt that way about anyone before. They say first love hits someone hard that certainly seemed true. As he knew ypthe moment he was in love he becme a total fool. Everyday truly felt wonderful. His family were caring and as people said that he took after his father.

Tennis was something that had made him happy. It allowed him to meet his girlfriend and many amazing people. He felt that he had grown as a person.

The short boy walked to the courtyard. As fresh air would be fine enough and it wasn't like there was anyone in the courtyard. So he could be left alone with his thoughts.

Ryoma continued to think about them. Just how he took for granted that they would be by his side. That was his ignorance. His anger and sadness had gone away to be replaced with emptiness. A void of emptiness he felt that was deeper then any abyss.

"I am so proud of you. You are amazing. I always tell everyone how incrediable my boy is. I have to tell the others." His mother told him as enthusic about his achievements. As she always was that way.

"Way to go." His dad had never been the one to say much but always had supported him.

"You are amazing, Ryoma." Her arms around him pulling him to into a hug.

"It was nothing. I still have a ways to go. I am glad you were able to come support me."

"Of course, I would. I will support you always no matter what."

How he longed for her arms around him. For his girlfriend to bake sweets for him and he would join in and help her. Even to have her talk to him simply about her day. Simple things like that he missed.  He wished for his parents words of wisdom. Family dinners, trips they took with other in the past.  To lose his family and his girlfriend left him nearly alone. His cat was the only thing he had. He had named the cat, Chi since it seemed a cute enough name at the time. Ryoma had gotten the cat as a kitten and took care of her for some years. The two of them bonded closely. He had always enjoyed rubbing her head and the cat resting his lap whenever he was particularly stressed out.

He doubted that his cat was waiting for him. There was no reason for Chi to do that. If the cat did then truly he would have made a friend he cared about miserable. That would make him feel awful. True, that now he wasn't sure how to feel. It was easy to go numb after jail and all the pain. After he left to go to jail leaving her with a friend of his the cat shouldn't care about him. Perhaps, his cat forgot all about him.

Maybe this was some karma. For the past him being an idiot.

He was an empty shell, lost in an abyss with no way out. He wanted a way out but he couldn't involve anyone, get close to anyone. The man who was previously the ultimate tennis pro knew that this was true. It was hard to want something then know he could never have it. Everything was lost and broken. The world was in black and white devoid of any color it once had.

The longing he had was just his empty self being entirely idiotic. Wanting someone out there to care about him . There was no hope for him. No hope that he couldn't hurt others or cause any more trouble. If he got out of this place he would be put into another prison anyway. He had blood on his hands anyway. That proved that he hardly deserved to be around anyone. Not that anyone there would want to get too close to him like that. Ryoma knew he was pushing other away but he felt like it was for the best. If he got close to others they would end up getting hurt. They may disappear.

It was better to be in the empty abyss. No further harm to others. Once he spend some time outside a bit. Feeling the light cool breeze on his face. He returned inside as it was getting late. The short male spotted Shuichi as he passed. He did his best to ignore him since he did plan not to involve himself with others the best he could.

Once he returned inside he went inside to the dorms and his room. To let sleep overcome him and ghosts of his past fill his dreams.

~~~~~

This is a oneshot I write for Ryoma for a challenge on DR Amino. I am not used to writing Angst. So I hope it is alright. I listened to Fragrance of dark coffee {Gadot's theme} well writing this.