Rantaro Amami x Neko! Reader

Taking a nap always felt nice after work. You yawned and woke up to see a certain green-haired boy above you. You moved upwards in shock headbutting the guy you liked by mistake.

"Ahhh! Sorry about that Rantaro! I have a really hard forehead. Curses this forehead of mine." You responded as you hoped your apology would be enough. You rubbed your forehead as you ears went down in worry.

His hand was on his forehead for short while. You felt so guilty for giving him a headbutt even if it was by accident. That certainly was one of the worst ways to greet someone you like.

"It's okay. Besides, it's my fault for surprising you."

"Rantaro. You're so nice." You looked at him with a light blush on your cheeks.

"I can be such a klutz sometimes. Especially considering the tail and ears." You told him as you pet your tail feeling like an idiot reminding him of your obvious faults.

"I do recall you did get your tail stuck in various ways. Like with the door this morning."

"Don't remind! Curse this whole Neko crap! I hate it! I mean people think. Oh, cat ears and a tail is so cute. But people grab it and I get weak. Kids have tugged on my ears. Not to mention my tail has gotten caught everywhere." You sighed as you clenched your fist in frustration.

"Do you wish you weren't a Neko?"

"Obviously! I wish I had ears like you and no tail. You look so handsome and cool. I'm such a clumsy fool."

"You may be clumsy. But I think you're cute." Rantaro said and it made your heart leap in response.

"Don't just say that out of nowhere. I wasn't ready.  Besides, Neko's are always thought of as cute. I wanna be more than cute." You responded but it sounded good coming from him. Why couldn't you satisfied? Rantaro was a calm and handsome guy.

"You're funny and outgoing. You always have the energy to spare. You are a warm that always tends to make my days brighter." Rantaro pet your head as his hand brushed your cat ears.

"You...stop it. You're gonna make me fall in love with you." You exclaimed as you blushed in response.

"{Y/N}, you remind me of someone."

"Please, don't say that I remind you of one of your sisters." You requested hoping that wasn't the case.

"You remind me of one of the maids that served my family. Even though I traveled a lot she did her best to cheer me up when I came home."

"So you see me as your maid? I am not sure how to feel about this."

"No, I meant that you always tend to cheer me up. Thank you for that."

"I don't think I do anything special. I'm just a clumsy Neko girl."

"You are more than that. You're talkative, loud, and stubborn..."

"Are you insulting me? Lucky for you that you're handsome..." She muttered the last bit under her breath.

"No, since I like that about you. It makes you nice to be around in my opinion." He responded as you blushed in response.

"I think you're nice to be around too." You told him as it was impossible for you not to enjoy being around him.

The green-haired boy looked over to you and then looked up to the sky.

"I am glad to have a friend like yourself."

Did you just get friend-zoned? You looked disappointed but sighed. Being just friends wasn't all that bad.

"Yeah...me too."

The look on his face was composed but due to him calling you a friend you felt the need to glance away awkwardly.

"Anyway, the weather is nice. Oh, that cloud...looks like a fish."

"What are you hungry for fish?" He questioned.

Your stomach growled in response causing you to blush. You could only think of how embarrassing it was to have your stomach growl like this.

"Yeah..." You remarked as you saw a smile on his face that made you blush slightly.

"Then how about we go get something to eat." He offered as you nodded. You walked alongside him and felt extremely lucky. You felt lucky to be able to spend time with Rantaro like this.

~~~~~

This is something short but I didn't feel like stretching this out. With Neko reader oneshots I have noticed a trend of making the Neko part barely come up or not really effect the character{enough where the part of them being a Neko doesn't seem needed}. So for this oneshot, I attempted to make the reader a Neko that is clumsy and the cattail and ears affect the reader's life.

Also, I friend-zoned the reader since I wanted to have another oneshot where one-sided feelings were part of the oneshot. Even if it's just slightly added and this is mostly fluff.

I rarely have written for Rantaro so I hope this alright.