CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

"We're done!"

Yoongi exclaimed in excitement, finally finishing up their project that was due in two months. He slammed his textbook closed and tossed his notebook towards Jungkook, ignoring the other's eye roll. Of course he earned himself a few stares for being so loud considering they were in the library right now, but he could care less because what really matter was that he didn't have to read some boring ass articles anymore.

"Inside voice, Yoongi," Jungkook hummed as he packed up the rest of their things. Yoongi nodded, though he really didn't care if he was disturbing other people. He waited for Jungkook to stand up before rushing out of the library and into the hallways. "Yah! Slow down!"

Yoongi laughed teasingly, a playful smirk settling on his lips as he ran faster down the semi-empty hall. He nearly made it to his locker, when his shoulder was slammed into the wall next to him.

"Shit! Oh my fuck! I'm so sorry- Yoongi?"

"N-Namjoon?" Yoongi stared breathlessly at the taller, who had clumsily bumped into him a little too hard. The two's eyes were like glue to each other, neither of them looking away. Namjoon stood close in front of Yoongi, shock written all over his face, while the other just looked as if he was ready to beat the shit out of him. Jungkook had caught up to the two, a bit confused at the whole situation, though he choose to stay quiet. He watched as the random brown haired male reached his hand up to his boyfriend's face, almost as if to stroke his cheek. He opened his mouth to protest, when he got caught off by Yoongi roughly pushing the boy out of his way.

Namjoon was taken aback by the sudden action, tripping over his own feet and landing on his bum. He looked up at the familiar face he had just ran into only to find the latter crouched down in front of him. Yoongi tapped Namjoon's head (quite roughly), eyes glaring daggers into the other while he spoke quietly in a threatening voice, "Watch where you're going, fucker."

By now there was a small crowded around the pair. Some were expecting a fight, others were just curious of what had happened. The bystanders watched expectingly, anticipation building up at the thought that the new kid might actually fight back. Though Namjoon just merely nodded at that, gaze locking down with the floor he was seated on.

Yoongi was different, he thought. He wasn't the same scrawny scared kid that he'd push around back in Daegu. In fact, if Namjoon knew any better, he'd say the new Yoongi reminded him a lot of his old self. The one he left back in his old Junior High. "Sorry," he mumbled, feeling uncomfortable by the new way Yoongi choose to speak. His ears were filled with a bitter laugh, then he was forced to look back up by Yoongi yanking his hair. He gritted his teeth.

"Karma's a bitch ain't it?" Yoongi smirked, tightening his fingers around Namjoon's hair, pulling harder. The said boy squeezed his eyes shut in pain. "What? Does it hurt? Too bad," he laughed using his grip on the boy's hair to shake his head around. "You deserve it-"

"I think that's enough, Min Yoongi."

The blonde stopped, ready to snap at whoever had thought it was a bright idea to jump into a situation where they didn't belong, but instantly bit his tongue from saying anything when he saw who it was. Jungkook crossed his arms over his chest, a disappointed look on his face. Yoongi cleared his throat, letting go of his grip on Namjoon, eyes locked on his caregiver.

That was when the whispers began. Students mumbling about how Jungkook seemed like a strange kid or how Yoongi looked like he was scared shitless. They were all confused, including Namjoon, on how Jungkook had gotten the Min Yoongi to stop his violent ways so easily.

"Is Yoongi scared of that guy?"

"You don't think Yoongi has a soft spot for Jungkook, right?"

"Wait! Are they dating?"

"Wow, he's really gonna stop just 'cause that Jungkook kid said so? Lame!"

"Awhh Yoongi-sunbae is so fucking whipped!"

Yoongi stood up from his crouched position, glaring at the students which instantly shut them up. He glanced over at Jungkook, before walking straight past him.

Jungkook stayed where he was, already having an idea where Yoongi would've ran off to. He looked over at the boy on the floor, walking over to him and sticking out his hand. Namjoon took it with ease, standing up and brushing off the dust on his jeans. "Thanks," he said, offering the other a small smile. Jungkook nodded, though he still wasn't sure what just happened.

"Don't mention it."