Chapter 1: Tears to shed

Ink's POV

My alarm went on.

I opened my sockets as I lay there looking at the ceiling.

Not thinking. Feeling numb. Empty. Tired.

I sat up as I stared off into space.

Summer is over.

In the same school.

In a new school year waiting to begin.

Great.

Isn't my life wonderful?

I then got up from my warm bed, walking up to the cage covered with a rainbow-colored blanket representing all of the colors of the rainbow flag. 🏳️‍🌈

I uncovered the cage as my best faithful companion woke up. Skipper the Parakeet. Skipper stretched his yellow and black wings and shook his dark blue tail as some small loose green feathers were falling.

"Good morning Skip. You slept well." I said with a small smile, I opened his cage as he flew to my shoulder kissing me with his beak making a click sound, then flying to his favorite small swing set with mirrors and toys hanging around my dorm/ room for him to fly around and land on and play while I'm gone.

My room was slightly dark, I didn't want to open the blinds I liked the dark but I knew I couldn't be selfish and Skipper needs to have some sunshine in his ten-year-lifespan. He sang and made funny noises at me making a conversation with me even though I have no idea what the hell he is saying while opening the blinds.

I got my clothes ready. My black ripped jeans and a slightly dark and light green T-shirt, As I took my towel. On my way to the bathroom then to the boys shower room. I didn't feel like wearing a dress today.

Skipper stops swinging on his favorite swing set and chirps softly and tilts his head looking at me weirdly.

He just stares at me not blinking.

"What?" I asked as I looked around wondering to myself what he was staring at the clothes I have chosen.

"I don't feel like wearing a dress at the moment," I said to him while he just kept staring, His eyes were looking deep within my artificial soul Only blinking once.

"Look. I just don't want to wear a dress, that's all." I said, "EEEKk EEEEK! EEEK!" Skipper screeched as he flapping his wings as he swung back and forth in his swing as I made a small smile and laughed softly.

"Alright, alright, don't get your tail feather into a twist. Though...I just don't feel like wearing a dress at the moment." I said as Skipper spreads his small wings and flapping them flying fast to my shoulder making loud noises and squawking and bobbing his head sounding like he's lecturing me, I placed my clothes and towel on my bed.

I pulled my index finger for him to perch himself on, I pet his head while Skipper closed his eyes while scratching his head and cheeks as he tilted his head for me to scratch where he is unable to do himself. My smile fading away.

"Thanks for caring about me...Even though everyone hates me...despises me...disgusted...at least you are still by my side." I said while skipper opened one eye looking at me.

I rolled my eyes as I sighed sadly "And my other three friends still care...for now." I said to Skipper and he nods his head and closed his one eye and tilted his head to the side for me to scratch for him.

"Well Skip, as much as I like to be here and scratch your head all day. I have to go back to hell." I said to Skipper chirps in response and flew and perched himself back to his swing, I took out a blue bowl and poured water and placed it by the wind and pulled a bag with plants/grass in the bowl filled with water for Skipper to take a bath while I'm back to my hell waiting for me.