Chapter 8:

My Alpha Mate is My Enemy Too...

Chapter 8:

Recap:

Austin was having second thoughts about his intense feelings over Jenny.

While helping Austin come to terms with things, Drake found his mate.

Nicky's Pov:

"I'm so happy for Austin! He's definitely got a winner! Jenny is an amazing girl. I'm just hoping my dear brother doesn't screw it with his overthinking. Well, I'm exhausted. I guess it's time for me to call it a night. Sweet dreams dad and mom,"I said, yawning. As I went upstairs, I noticed my door was slightly open. What's going on?

As I enter I see Ashley, one of my closest pals, sitting on the bed.

"Hey, what are you doing here so late, Ash? Is something the matter?" I ask.

"I uhm, sorry to bother you so late, Nicky! But I think, I mean I know, I..." Says Ashley, nervously.

"Hey, you can tell me anything, I'm here for you!"I say reassuring her.

"I found my mate,it's Drake!' Said Ashley, really quickly.

"Oh my word! That's great news! When did you both find out?" I said excitedly. Ashley is one of my sweetest friends, and I always thought she would fit perfectly with Drake! I was right, I thought smugly, chuffed with myself.

"Tonight! I was walking past your brother's room after leaving your room earlier, and I kind of overheard Drake and Austin. And, I was just like admiring what he said and when he came out I kind of just blurted out that I thought that what he said was amazing and that's when it happened! I was stunned, I mean I've been around him for so long and only today we notice each other!" She said softly.

"I know exactly how you feel.. I forgot to mention! Jake finally realized we're mates! So, I guess that means we both have mates! We can so double date!" I said excitedly.

Ashley just smiled at this, but said nothing. She seemed to be lost in her own thoughts.

"Hey is something wrong? I mean, I hope he didn't reject you?" I said, the thought suddenly coming to me. "I would kill him with my bare hands!" I said, angrily.

"No... It's just that he wants to take it slow. He feels that if we rush things we'll just mess things up. But, I don't want to wait! I mean I have been waiting for my mate, to have someone who loves me as much as I will love him! I always imagined that when I finally met him, he would just whisk me away and mate with me. But, here he wants to wait!" She said, I could hear her feelings of rejection though her voice.

"Oh Ash.. Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it pretty romantic and sensible that he wants to wait. Being mates is no joke and this will give you both a better chance to get to know each other. And you can like, get to know his folks and his family, go on dates and all that jazz.. Plus, I know you will see the goodness of that gesture as time passes. I mean, it's hard for you, imagine how hard it must be for him to hold his wolf from marking!" I told her softly.

"That's true! I guess it's just the shock and stuff.. Thank you, you're right about all of this, you really are. It's just that it's hard.."She said blushing.

She slept over and went to talk to Drake the next day, when I received an sms from Jake:

-Hey Sleepy!

Just wanted to tell you that I'm missing you. already! So, I now await, moping in my misery, until my Angel comes :)!

Corny right? But, I'm serious! Please come down to meet me?

Much Love

-Hello!

Be down in 5 minutes!

Since you're already here, switch the kettle on and I'll make some coffee.

I quite miss you too..

After taking a quick wash and changing my clothes, I ran downstairs.

Jake's Pov:

After getting Nicky's text, I couldn't help but smile. How lucky I am to have finally met the one person who is going to be such an integral part of me! As I switched on the kettle, I noticed my brother, Drake walking Ashley to the door. He had his dreamy face on, the face that I'm sure I get on my face around Nicky.

I waited patiently in the kitchen as he let her out and then, I entered the room.

"Hey!" I say to him, making him wake up from his reverie surprised, and then, a deep blush fell onto his cheeks when he realized that I had just seen what had occurred.

"Uhm hey.. Before you say anything, yes, Ashley is my mate, and no, she didn't spend the night with me!' Drake stated, with an embarrassed face.

"I wasn't going to ask that, but Congrats little bro! I'm so happy for you! This is just great!'I say genuinely.

"Thanks,"Drake said, grinning.

"What's going on? Did I just hear, our little Drake got a mate?!'Asked a very confused looking, and from his appearance, a still half-asleep Austin.

"Yes, you heard right. This little man, has scored himself a mate!" I said, slapping him on his back.

"Congrats man! That's great news! Who's the lucky lady?" Said a smiling Austin.

"Ashley,"said Drake, you could hear the love in his voice.

"As in Nicky's Ashley?"Asked Austin.

"Yep," I said.

"Wow! That's great! She's an amazing girl! You better look after her, she's like a sister to Nicky and you know how she gets.. " warned Austin.

After talking to the guys for little while longer, Nicky walks in, looking every bit as gorgeous as always. I slipped out of my chair to greet her and gave her a quick peck on her lips.

"Morning, Angel," I say.

The conversation revolved around mates and other more general occurrences, as we all settled to eat a hearty breakfast. 

Lots of Love

Shaaira

Tweet me 

Instagram: MIZSATHAR

So what you guys think so far?