Chapter 9:

My Alpha Mate is My Enemy Too

Chapter 9:

Jenny's Pov:

April and I decided to go for walk after I told her about what had happened at the visit. She was really supportive and was giving me some great ideas for the challenges! Yes, I was dead-serious about them. He was going to have to accomplish the challenges in order to win me over.

I want to set up the challenges in order to test his loyalty, personality and most importantly, what's in his heart.

I was really nervous about my date with him, so, I asked April to help me get ready.

Later that day:

Jenny's Pov:

I was called by my father to discuss something that came up that was very important, waiting nervously, because this was the first time I was going to the office after my birthday party...

"Come in!" my father called out from inside.

As I entered the room, I could just see paperwork, every where! It was chaotic. Every corner was filled with files or maps and I even saw last night's dinner which meant that he had been in there the whole night!

"You called for me, Father?" I asked, carefully stepping over files and piles of paper on my way to the desk.

"Oh, yes. Please sit down. I've got a lot to tell you today. It's very important that you listen to me very carefully, darling," my father said in his serious tone. That just made me all the more nervous! But, I'm curious by nature, so I just nodded silently.

"Okay, good. A few weeks ago, we received a disturbing message from the Stark Pack. Whom, as you know, is one of the strongest packs in this region. It seem that they've been training up their young warriors for an all out battle to gain more land. Since we occupy a good portion of land, Stark decided it would be best if we join in an alliance in which, I allow him to have some land. But, I refused on the ground that I plan to use the extra land to build more schools and another community center for our pack.

So, he threatened the safety of our pack. I wasn't very concerned but, yesterday, when Granger was patrolling the grounds, he unmistakably caught the scent of one of the Stark pack wolfs. That made me rethink about not worrying. They're obviously trying to check out the land. Since we stay in a relatively flat land, there are plenty of open areas that could prove to be good hideouts.. And, to make matters worse, I heard that Alpha Stark's son, Hunter is back. He is, without a doubt, a strong, determined, competent warrior of this generation and he will be taking over his Pack, succeeding his father.

He was, at first, against the battle. But, now it seems he has agreed. This could become an ugly war. I have already come up with some ideas, but I'm stuck in one aspect. There is no way we can protect all the females of this pack when we're out fighting. This is where you come in.

I know we said we'd put off your training for a while, but we need you and some of the female warriors to start training immediately. In doing so, we can be reassured that the pack females and kids are safe while we're out there. I really don't think they will be any underhanded or dirty games and tricks, but, just in case another pack uses the battle as an opportunity to attack our pack, we need you, young ladies, trained, armed and ready for battle. I'm very concerned about the issues between you and Austin as well, because you now have to be focused on the battle, and I know how you were looking forward to that date, but, Honey, that's going to have to wait.

I've already informed our pack's best fighters to help you and whom so ever you deem fit enough to train from the pack females. Please understand that this means war, and if I have to fight for this land I will!'

This was the first time in a long time I've seen my father this passionate about something. I'd never even heard of any of his plans before this, but now, after hearing what's going on, I'm full on board."I'm ready Father. And, don't worry about Austin, I will make him understand. Can you please tell Felicity to call a meeting with all the females and kids in the pack hall? I would like to tell them what going on. If that's okay?" I asked my father.

"Yes, that's a brilliant idea and good luck and I love you! Thanks for being so brave, I'll speak to you a little later,"I took those words as my clue to leave the office.

As I left my father's office, there were a lot of things that were running through my mind. Firstly, I knew who hunter was. He was definitely very dangerous, but, also fair. He would make a great Alpha. Secondly, how do I tell Austin without him actually realizing what was going on? This is a personal pack battle and I cannot get him involved. I decided to prepare myself for the upcoming meeting that had been set for the early evening. I decided to go for a run since I haven't shifted since the party.

I went out back, making my way to the sheltered wooded area and took off my clothes, almost instantly feeling everything lift off me as I shifted into my wolf. Running along, with the ground cold and hard beneath me, I sank into a rhythmic beat, letting everything my father said sink in. What shall I do? I asked my wolf.

She was always full of wisdom.. That's why I didn't notice another big, black wolf joining me until he jumped right in front of me. Stopping me in my tracks!

Lot of Love

Shaaira

Tweet me 

Instagram: MIZSATHAR

Please let me know what you guys think? 

Vote, comment or Tweet!