Chapter 16:

My Alpha Mate is My Enemy Too.

Chapter 16:

Hunter's Pov:

"Mother, where are you?"I shouted as soon as I entered the pack house. My father just stood silently next to me. He hadn't talked much on the way back, just asked me to forgive him and not be harsh when speaking to my mother, because she really was doing what she thought was right.

"I'm here son, in the kitchen! Just helping Elaine make your favorite pasta. How was the tournament? Please say you guys made it through! "said my mother with a laugh.

"It was cancelled. We were attacked by rouges, Jenny and her pack also. Lucky for us the Adam Pack was there to help. You remember Austin from the Adam Pack? He's their Alpha after his dad stepped down," I say hoping to get a reaction out of her. She said nothing, but just had this sadness that glinted in her eyes.

"I know. He will make a great Alpha just like his father,"she said, softly.

"We also found out that he has a sister.. "I started to tell her. She looked up at me suddenly, then at my dad.

"I'm sorry son. I guess you know about Alpha Adam being my brother and that I'm a white wolf? The reason I didn't tell you was because I didn't want you to be ashamed of us, me especially. It's the reason we never got along with the Adam Pack. The entire incident was a horrible mistake and huge misunderstanding. It was the past and I didn't want you to be burdened by my mistakes. I should've handled it better. Don't blame your father,"said my mother softly but steadily. "I will, if you give me a chance, explain everything to you, and what ever else you need to know," she added, a hint of desperation in her voice, after I hadn't responded to her first explanation.

I looked straight into her eyes, seriously. "I want the truth Mother. All of it, please."

"It happened 25 years ago. I was on a hunting trip with my brother Luke, Alpha Adam. We were just outside our boarder when I caught a scent. It was the most divine smell I'd ever came across, so I followed it. That was when I first saw your father. He was badly injured from a battle against a rouge pack. He defeated them. Needless to say, I rushed over and well, the rest was history.

We were in love. I knew he was the Alpha of the Stark pack, so I lied and said I wasn't from there. I was scared of rejection. Young and naïve.. After meeting your father a few more times, my brother notice how different I was and he caught your father's scent on me, once. But I lied and said about how I'd fallen into a ditch or something and that's maybe how I got that scent. That night we were all having a meeting with the other packs of the region, and as a matter of habit, I assumed I would be allowed to skip. But, they insisted I attended that day.

That was when your father realized I was from the Adams pack. He was furious and demanded to know, in front of everyone, why I'd lied. I was so scared and told him. My brother was shocked and disappointed as to why I'd never told him. He was trying to comfort me. Since your father didn't know we were siblings, he launched himself in attack-mode at Luke. The fight got out of hand. That's when my father gave me a choice. Either my brother's or my mate's Pack. So, I chose your father. My brother felt terribly hurt. I don't think he really understood at that time.. But, he was hellbent on getting me back. There was so much of tension and friction between us.. How could I ever show my face in front of him? I was a disappointment. When you were born, I was so happy! When I heard my brother had a little boy as well, I wanted to see my nephew but, I only could see him through other people. I was weak and couldn't stand my ground. As for the wolf, I only gained her after leaving my pack. I didn't know what it meant until the attacks. I was scared, so I finally told your dad. It isn't only Alpha Moonstone's daughter as the target now. I've brought danger to you all!" explained my mother.

She was in tears at the memory. My father went to comfort her. "I'm sorry, mom. I love you and I will reunite you both,"I promised. Mentally making a note of everything she'd said in my mind.

She smiled weakly, taking a deep breath, then she said," There's more." I mentally groaned, how much more could there be?! I mean, I'm literally getting to an emotional dead-break. I don't think I can handle more of this.

"I had a baby girl. She was christened Ashley. You were so small when I took her for a walk up the lane.. I was attacked. I thought I'd lost her forever, until I saw that she was raised by the Adam Pack. I'm sorry for never telling you.. I wasn't sure until I saw her! She's the splitting image of your grandmother."

"What!" yelled my father.

He changed into his wolf and ran. My mother was in tears. "I'm sorry son. I really am! Please stop your father before he does something stupid!" she said. I was shocked, but I ran after my dad. Stopping right in front of him, "I know, we will get her back!" I promised. He turned back, and walked slowly to the house where he eventually hugged my mother.

Woah, I have a sister. A sister! Yikes, jeez. I was not expecting that one. A sister! I didn't really know exactly how I was feeling, but, there was no hate or resentment of any kind. I was surprised, hell yeah, I was beyond surprised. But, I was also, weirdly excited. I mean, I really can not wait to meet my sister! I hope she'll accept us.. We talked about how to approach this and what we were going to do next and decided that the first thing we needed to do, was talk to Alpha Adam.

Ashley's Pov:

"I'm the daughter of Alpha and Luna Stark,"I said softly to Drake.

"What?! When did you find out?" Asked Drake, wide eyed.

"I've known most of my life. I waited for years for them to come but they never did and now I find out that I'm related to Alpha Adam. I'm just so shocked! And tonight we're meeting the Stark Pack. Would they realize I'm their daughter? Would I want to know them? I'm so confused!" I said, starting to choke up.

Drake hugged me and said, "We can handle this together."

I feel much safer and a little better now, with Drake right here... These last 24 hours have seriously been so scary. I'm so glad that I found my mate. I leaned forward to kiss him and he kissed me gently back him.

Luna Adam was right.

Author note:

What a history! And Ashley is their daughter...what more is in store, stay tune to find out! 

Tweet 

Instagram: MIZSATHAR

Vote, Tweet or Comment, I would love to hear what you guys think?

Lot of love

Shaaira