Chapter 18:

My Alpha Mate is My Enemy Too

Chapter 18:

FlashBack:

5 years ago

Drake had just moved into a hotel room for a very eagerly anticipated summer holiday in Greece. This was his first time without his brother or Parents. He was really excited and had already made friends with the guys that were on this trip with him. Jason Taylor, became his new room mate. He didn't know much about him, just that he likes to keep his personal life to himself but, he's a total party animal.

"Hey, I'm Drake,"I greeted him.

"I'm Jason. Guess we're roomies for this trip? Have you ever been to this side of the world ?"Asked Jason.

"No, this is my first time out here. Usually, I'm with my twin, Jake. He wasn't well so he couldn't come with. How about you?"I asked back.

"Yep, this is my second trip here! That's cool, I've never had a friend who has a twin! This should be fun. It's a shame your brother couldn't make it though.. "he said sympathetically. Well, he does seem friendly, seems like we'll be getting along just fine.

Over the next two weeks, we partied and partied and ate and ate and partied even more! Not to mention, the 'guy' fun. Jason was so chilled to hang with! He's funny and totally laid back. I couldn't understand why people avoided hanging out with him! Aside from me and literally one other girl, everyone just stayed far away. Although I did mingle with everyone, no one seemed to want to come with us when we went out. So, not willing to let anyone dash my mood, I just ignored it and moved on.

"Hey Drake, I'm just going out for smoke. Cover for me if that annoying tourguide decides to check up on us," he said.

"Sure,"I said.

As I was heading for bed that night, I hear a knock on the window, which I opened to a very beaten up looking Jason.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked, shocked.

"I'd rather not say. Don't tell anyone, alright? I'm fine, " he said.

"I'm not buying this! Who did this to you? You can trust me!" I said. He was a really good guy and I knew something big was happening.

"Promise not to freak?"He said, softly.

"What the hell man! Just tell me already!" I ordered.

"I'm a werewolf. The people that did this.. Well, they're from my old pack, hell bent on on exacting revenge from me for a mistake my parents made. Their Alpha is ruthless,"He said quickly, in one breath. Not daring to look at me in the eye.

"Woah! I'm wolf too! From the Adam's Pack. Which Pack are you talking about?" I asked.

"Stark, " he replied, his voice like poison, the hate, almost tangible in the room.

Over the next two days, I made sure not to let him out of my sight. I contacted Alpha Adam and explained the situation and asked what I should do. He said he was perfectly willing to accept Jason into his Pack. Jason declined the offer, saying that he rather not have a Pack until he settles down, he didn't want to have to be tied down to a place.

"Hey, I'm going down for a walk. Want to come?" I asked Jason.

"Sure," he replied.

As we left the hotel, we spotted a couple of guys surrounding someone. Hearing a scream I realized with a shock it was Betty! A close friend of ours that we usually chilled with.

I must admit, I had a little crush on her.

She was damn beautiful.

So, we rushed over and tried to save her. Unfortunately, we were too late and they had already accomplished what they'd set out to do..

Our presence scared them, and they made of as fast as lightning. I think if I'd been more calm, I could have done something! But, in that moment, I couldn't think of anything, my blood was boiling, red, staining my vision, I could hear my heart thumping in my chest. The reason I stopped chasing after them was a heart wrenching sob from Betty.

The adrenaline was replaced by fear, cold and hard. Betty was shaking with fear and wouldn't let us help her. I felt so bewildered, I couldn't wrap my head around what was happening!

"I'm so sorry Betz! What did they want! I'm going to kill them!" Yelled Jason.

"Leave it alone, Jason! It's the usual, " she said bitterly, "They were after you. They want you to come back. By any means necessary. " She turned away from him, "Drake, could you please take me back? And don't tell any one of what just happened,"she said.

"WHAT? No! We have to report this to the police!" I said.

"Won't help. They're wolves. It would be impossible to explain or give them a description," she said.

"I'll tell my Alpha! I'm sure together, we can find them! Do you know their names?! Just tell me which Pack they're from! " I said, angrily.

"Okay, I'll tell you what I know, if you promise, till your last breath, that you will kill every single one of them, and show no mercy,"she said, her voice soft, but her anger, speaking volumes.

She looked so vulnerable.. Her state and her voice made me so angry and filled with bitterness toward this Pack. I swore revenge.

"I give you my word."

This is what sealed my fate.

Turned out it was the Stark Pack. I have challenged and search for the culprits but found none. I was told not to judge the Alpha, but since they were from his Pack and were sent on his order, I will make him tell me the whereabout of these filthy mutts.

Over the years, I still stayed in contact with Betty and Jason, although my friends and my brother don't approve. I understood him. I've seen the horrors that both he and Betty have been through. They've me out of some tough spots as well even help me through some tough situations. Been there for me when ever I've needed them, those are true friends.

Betty and Jason had joined our Pack but due to everyone's unease about them. Alpha Adam allowed them to keep travelling under the guise of research for him. He helped with their case, but nothing was yet unearthed.

This was my chance to confront Alpha Stark! I will get my chance, even if that does hurt Ashley. She will understand, eventually, I hope...

Back to the Present:

Braai:

Ashley's Pov:

After meeting my brother Hunter, (we, surprisingly, had a lot in common) , helping ease into conversations and what not, I felt so welcomed. I saw how Austin went over to Jenny.. It really made me wish Drake was here. He was acting so weird lately! I hope he's fine.

Even Nicky seemed to wonder what was up with the twins' weird behavior.

Author Note:

Revenge and promises, what is Drake going to do? and will Ashley forgive?

Tweet 

Instagram: MIZSATHAR

Vote, Tweet and Comment! 

I would love to hear from you guys!