5

After what felt like hours, they took my mom away to spend a few days in a cell until they get to the bottom of why Liam called them in the first place.

They're trying to get answers out of me. It's not going to be that easy though, I can be pretty stubborn.

I'm lying in bed, going over last night's events. I'm still starstruck over what happened.

My mom is downright crazy. Her eyes were threatening to kill me right there, in front of all those officers and to be honest, if I say anything and she gets out, she probably will kill me.
At this point, I honestly don't know what is gonna happen to me and Liam.

I could either lie to the police and tell them it was a set-up, risk losing my life and Liam's under her roof or tell them what happened, get her thrown in jail, which is most likely to turn her into a serial killer and I will be separated from my brother and live in a care home.

So what do I do?

I look over at my clock,

6:47am

I have to get up anyway. I rise up out of my bed and Rosie hops off the bed with me and attempts to walk into the shower with me. "No Rosie, go downstairs" I say in a tired voice and I hear her little feet walk out of my room. I turn on the shower, letting the water spray into the tub. As I wait for the water to heat up, I walk into Liam's room and see that he's already awake.

"Liam?" I whisper.
He shifts around in his bed before rising up and turning to face me. A look of pure horror in his eyes.

He thought I was mom.

When he sees my face, he instantly relaxes. "W-W-Where is she?" He stutters.

"Far away from here," I say before joining him in his bed.

"She isn't going to be here for a few weeks until they figure out why you called."

"Am I in trouble?" He asks.

"No but I going to have to give you a pair of the house keys for when you come home from school and you need to learn to make your own breakfast in the morning cause I won't be there. Ok?" I say calmly, before rising out of his bed.

He starts to shake. "I'm coming back." I say before racing down the stairs and into the kitchen. I yank open the medical cupboard and start to dig through to find his medicine. I find it at the back of the cupboard. I get the measuring spoon, shake the bottle before pouring it on the spoon. I shut the lid before running back upstairs. He's laying flat on the bed.

"Liam, I'm gonna need you to sit up." I say.

He sits up and I pour it into his mouth for him. I place him back on his bed and leave him to rest. The medicine usually takes weeks to kick in so he's going to have to stay off school.

I quietly leave his room before walking into my room and picking up my phone. I dial Olivia's number.

"Hello Olivia?" I say.

"Hey honey! How's it going?"

"Could you pick up work for Liam from his school, for the next like two weeks? He had another seizure this morning and is staying off school."

"Oh no! He's okay though?"

I sigh. This is the hardest bit.

"I can't stay off school to look after him and Lisa got taken into the police station yesterday because Liam called them and I don't know what to do."

"I can come over and look after him, if you like, I just need a pair of the house keys if that's ok?"

My breath hitches.

"Alright then," I reply. "Well I have to go to school, but thank you so much again for helping. I will come by to drop the keys off."

She says her goodbyes before cutting the line. Olivia is like that auntie you never had. Her and my mom were friends for years but after my mom got involved with alcohol and drugs, they haven't really spoken much.

I walk into the shower and 15 minutes later, I'm downstairs in the kitchen, trying not to have a panic attack while eating. I jump off the high chairs on the island and go to the pantry and take out Rosie's dog food. I go to her bowl and pour her food in and surprisingly, she runs into the kitchen and is already eating before I finish pouring.

I was scared to leave Liam by himself. He does karate but when he's recently had a seizure, he's at his worst state.
It was really hot outside so I decided to wear my pink off the shoulder crop top with some high waisted demin shorts and a pink belt with pink adidas trainers. I decide to put up my hair in a high ponytail and sort it out later.

Hopefully, my clothes will drown out my mood...

Another chapter for you!