33

noah's pov:

Madison is leaning on my shoulder and she's barely responding to me. "Hey Mads, Are you sure you're ok? You're burning up baby." I say and she doesn't answer. I shake her but she doesn't reply. "Hey man, what's up with her?" Luke asks and I shrug. I shift her around so she's sitting on my lap bridal style. I feel her forehead and it's burning. I feel her heartbeat and it's faster than it should be. "Shit." I say.

Mia and Lexi run up to my side. "What's wrong with her?" Mia asks and feels her forehead but retracts quickly. "She's scorching." Mia says. "She needs to be cooler. What's she been doing?" I ask Lexi. "She's been tumbling non-stop this morning and practicing her flying routine." Lexi says.

"Her heart rate is faster than it should be." I say before pushing my chair back and lifting her up. I carry her to the corridors where it's cooler and place her on the floor. I try fanning her eyes with my hand. A few minutes after, she wakes up coughing and spluttering. "Baby, Are you alright?" I ask caressing her cheek. She nods and stares up at me.

"Excuse me?" Mia interrupts. "Do you by any chance happen to have a good-looking twin for me?" I look at her with a sceptical look and she shrugs. Madison slowly finds her balance and gets on her feet.

madison's pov:

I wake up to find Noah gazing at me, rubbing my cheek. "Baby, are you alright?" He asks with a gentle voice.

God, I love this boy so much.

I nod and rub my head. I attempt to get up and successfully start walking. "You need to eat." Noah says guiding me to the cafeteria. Mia disapeared but I figured I would see her soon. He had his arm on my waist and guided me back to his table. They all looked at me with concern. "What's wrong guys?" I ask.

"One moment you were leaning on Noah's shoulder and then you stopped responding. You passed out." Luke explains with furrowed eyebrows. I shrug and they all look shocked. I layed onto Noah's chest again and close my eyes. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and I instantly felt safe. "She's got asthma so it happens all the time." Noah explains and I nod my head in agreement.

I suddenly sat up and pointed at Luke and motioned at the door and he took the hint and got up. Noah helped me up and I walked with him outside the cafeteria.

I pulled Luke outside with me. "Maddie, you ok?" He asks me again. "Yeah, I'm fine. I wanted to say it's good to see you again, I haven't seen you in ages." I say. "Yeah, it's been a while." He says. "You still my bestfriend?" I ask and he grins at me. "Always." He replies and leans in for a hug and I wrap my arms around my him. I release from him.

"I have to ask you something. And you have to tell me the truth" I begin. "What's going on between you and Mia?" I ask and he sighs and runs his hands through his hair. "I really like her. I've always liked her, even before I left. The only problem is you can't see it on her face." He explains.

Cue happy danceeee!

I try so hard to keep my cool. "I'm pretty sure you've heard what happened between her and Zayn. She wants closure right now. You have to give her time and she'll show her feelings soon enough. Don't leave her though just cause she hasn't shown you yet." I say calmly and he nods.

The bell rings and I groan. "I'll catch you later. I have cheer. Tell Noah I said I'll see him later." I yell before running towards the fields. Once I get there, Noah is already sitting on the bleachers and I run to join him. "What are you doing here?" I say slightly out of breath. "To make sure my princess doesn't pass out again and nearly give me a heart attack." He replies before kissing my forehead.

I take off my hoodie and leave it with him. I meet Lexi and she whispers to me, "You sure you're ok?" and I nod.

We run through the routine full-out about three times and I'm already out of breath. I stagger to the bench and grab my pump. Lexi allows me to have a break and Noah comes and joins me. I place my head on his lap and stretch my legs on the rest of the bench. His hands are running through my hair. I took out the braids cause they were uncomfortable. After 10 minutes, I get up to practice the routine with the team full-out one more time before the bell rang signalling the end of the day.

Noah rushes home and gives me a hug before leaving. As I'm packing up with Lexi, I explain my conversation with Luke. "He's totally fallen for her. You should've seen his face." I gushed. "But Mia likes him back so why isn't anything happening?" Lexi asks. "They don't think the other likes them." I say and Lexi shakes her head. "Typical stupid idiots." She says and I laugh at her. "Oh and before you came after you changed, Victoria approached me and asked about Mia and Luke. She said that she can't have him." I explain.

"What a bitch." Lexi says before locking the office and we both head out of the school. We get in the car and drive towards Mia's place. I scroll onto Mia's story.

 I scroll onto Mia's story

"Wonder where she's going." I say while showing the picture to Lexi. "Oh yeah! I was supposed to go to the movies with her tonight." Lexi admits sheepishly. "And where was I supposed to be?" I say. Lexi doesn't answer. "I'm going to Noah's place anyway." I grumble and Lexi says "I still love youuu." I roll my eyes as we pull into Mia's drive. "Get outta here!" I say and Lexi jumps out of the car.

"Tell Mia I said we have to go shopping for Homecoming!" I yell and she gives me a thumbs up.
I sit in the car and text Noah.

I rolled my eyes playfully and started the journey to Noah's place