62

madison's pov:

I looked at my surroundings and instantly sat up but I couldn't. I saw a bright light and instantly knew where I was. I groaned and looked around. My eyes widened at the tubes and pipes entering and leaving my body. You know those moments when you cut yourself or hurt yourself and you don't feel the pain until you actually see the wound?
Yeah that's me right now. I instantly wince as I see my blood leaving my body and through the tube. There are machines all around my bed and I look down and notice the hospital gown they put on me. I hear muffled voices outside and I recognise Noah's voice and a smile lights up on my face.

He came!

Obviously he came, idiot, he's your boyfriend...Wait.

He's my boyfriend!

My grin widens at the fact that I can call him that again. The door slowly opens and my smile instantly disapears at the person standing at the door. Luke is awkwardly standing at the door and a pair of hands, which I'm guessing are Noah's, push him further into the room and shuts the door. His eyes grow at the sight of me. "I may be in a hospital bed with tubes all going through me, but that doesn't mean you can gawk at me like I'm a freak." I say with an irritated tone.

"You're not a freak, you're-"

"Don't you dare finish that statement. My boyfriend is standing right outside. That's your best friend!" I yell and he looks down at the floor. "How are you openly flirting with me? And you go and use Lexi as well, like she's some, blonde bitch! What happened to the Luke I grew up with?" I ask.

"He's still here. And he realises that he's been an idiot. His feelings got the better of him and ended up hurting everyone. He really cares about you and wants to make things right." He says with a brave voice but is still shaking nervously. Luke has always been a strong person but other than his older brothers and his mom, I'm the only person he's afraid of. I debate in my head what to do at this moment. Usually, I would say something meaningful and leave but obviously, I can't. I sigh and he cautiously walks closer to me until he's sitting in a chair by my side. I close my eyes and try to visualise myself being anywhere but here.

"Maddie, please forgive me." He pleads. "I forgive you." I say and I can hear him instantly relax. "You have someone else to go and apologie to." I say. He nods and squeezes my left hand which doesn't have any tubes in it before getting up and walking out. I keep my eyes shut the entire time, even when Noah walks in and sits beside me, holding my hand.

I finally open my eyes again and he's been staring at me this entire time. He looks in pain just staring at me. "Baby, I'm fine." I mumble, exhaustion taking over my body.

Great! Now how I supposed to prove to him that I'm fine if I look weak and like I'm going to pass out again?

"Then princess why don't I believe you?" He says softly taking my hand. I turn my head to look at him but his eyes are fixed on the tubes. He touches one and it moves and I wince in pain. I prayed that he didn't see it but his head shooting up to my eyes in fear says so otherwise.
The doctor walks in with a pride smile on his face. He looks so familiar and it dawned over me.

He's the doctor that gave Noah advice the day we broke up and the day of the shooting.

"It's a pleasure seeing you both again. What happened this time?" He asked with a bright smile and I giggled at his enthusiasm. "I was told by our school nurse that her asthma has gotten worse." Noah says and I cock my head to the side in confusion. "That's sadly true. The reason those tubes are in your body are to test them to see if everything is fine and so we can get stronger medication for your asthma." He explains to me and I nod.