43

We both go into our own rooms to get ready. I enter my room and turn on my shower. I decide to shower with my bandage on just because I don't want water entering the wound. It will hurt if I put pressure on it and do stunts and stuff like that.

I come out and dry myself. I don't want to be too elaborate so I go with a comfortable look. I throw on my pink crop top hoodie with some blue ripped jeans. I have my hair out today but I don't straighten it because I'm lazy. I don't wear any makeup because I guarantee nobody even wants me to show my face. After all, I did cost every single student in that room, their life.

I put on my white pumas and sit on my bed with a huff. I run a hand through my hair and my phone starts ringing. After I press answer, Luke's face comes up on the screen. "Shouldn't you be calling your girlfriend at this time?" I tease. "Yeah, but I wanna check on my Maddy-pants."

"Noooooo stop calling me that!" I whined and shakes his head with a grin.

"What's wrong?" He says. I swear this boy can see right through me. "What if no one wants me there? I did cost every person in that room their life. What if the principal kicks me out because I'm a danger to the school. Luke, I'm scared." I whisper. He groans. I hate seeing him like this. He's beating himself up for something I've caused.

"You can't put the load on yourself like that Mads. It's breaking you and I hate seeing you like this. You're like my little sister and I-I just can't watch you like this." He sighs. I look at the floor. Tears brimming in my eyes but he can't see cause my hair falls in my face. "I have to go." I whisper and he tries to say something but I've already ended the call. I wipe my face and go downstairs.

As I'm going downstairs, I check Mia and Lexi's story.

Mia's sitting on the sofa with Rosie and I join her. "Are you sure you want to go to school, Mads?" She asks calmly and I shrug and sigh. "What if the principal kicks me out? I was a danger to the rest of the students in there." I say. "Answer this question, Did anyone else get shot other than you, Noah and the police officers?" She asks sternly.

"Well no, but-"

"No buts. She was only after you and it was as clear as day. You can't beat yourself up about it. It only makes it worse for you." She explains and I nod. I hold my hands out for Rosie and she passes her to me. I stroke her soft fur and run a hand through my hair. "Lexi's meeting us at school. We better get there early. The principal will want to talk to you." She says. I place Rosie on the floor before giving her a kiss and grabbing my car keys on the shelf.

We lock the door and head out to my car. We drive to school listening to songs and when we arrived, lots of people were already there. "I don't want to go outside" I whisper and she takes my hand and squeezes it. I open the door and shut it. All eyes turned to me. Mia grabs my hand and starts pulling me to the main building. We enter and head straight to the principal's office. He's already waiting outside his office. "Come in, Madison and Mia." He says calmly as he holds his door out open for me.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for putting the school in danger. I didn't mean to I just-" I ramble and he holds his hand out to stop me. "We need to make sure you're okay first before we worry about the school," He began and I nodded. "My leg is fine, I'm just off sports for another two weeks. So is Noah." I say and he nods his head. "I wanted to check on you." He said and I nodded and got up to leave. "And one more thing!" He calls and Mia and I turn around. "Homecoming is next week Friday." He says with a wink an I smile.

an:   if anyone is confused, the real homecoming was a few weeks back but they postponed it  because of the accident and other school complications.

I left the office and Lexi was outside with Noah and Luke. I went to go and talk to Lexi and Noah. We turned around and found Mia and Luke making out right next to us. I stifled a giggle and they broke apart staring into each other's eyes. I smiled that my best friend was with a boy she was happy with. Noah dragged me away from the others and looked me in the eyes. "How long?" He asked with pleading eyes.

"Noah, I-" I began before he smashed his lips on mine. I pulled away instantly and he looked at me with hurt etched all over his face. "I-I-I can't." I say before turning and walking to my class. I was 10 minutes early but I didn't care. I can't deal with him. I love him and I wanted us to get back together as much as he did but.

There's always a 'but'!

I just don't want to put myself in that situation and get hurt again. If what happened with Victoria was a mistake, who knows what will happen next? I layed my head on the desk and didn't lift it up again until after the lesson ended. I breezed through all my classes pretty quickly. I didn't have any classes today with Noah which was a relief because it's not something I wanna deal with right now.

The final bell rang and I raced out of school as fast as possible. "Madison!" I heard him yell behind me but I chose to ignore it. I turned around after about 6 calls of my name but when I turned around, I instantly regretted it. He was kissing Victoria. I didn't feel hurt anymore. I've been through this feeling too many times to the point where it's a regular thing. I knew he never wanted me. Lord knows what his motive is in the beginning but I don't want anything to do with it.

I didn't realise he was coming towards me until he was right in front of me. He tried taking my hands and I felt that spark but chose to ignore it. It meant nothing to me anymore. "If you really didn't want us to get back together, you could've told me." I say quietly before turning around and walking towards my car. I heard him say, "Princess" and that's what got to me. I turned to face him one more time with tears spilling down my face. He ran up to me but I shook my head and got in my car before speeding off.

*********************

I looked at myself in the mirror once more before taking a strand of my dark brown hair. I looked at the blonde hair dye kit in front of me and gulped. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time now, I just never had the courage. I opened it and pulled on the gloves. "Fuck Love" By XXX was playing on my phone while I started applying the dye to my hair. 20 minutes later, I was rinsing my hair and drying it and it came out exactly how I imagined it. I grinned at my new look in the mirror and did it up in braids. I was going to Olivia's place tonight and I had some back leggings on with a sleeveless black turtle neck crop top on.

 I was going to Olivia's place tonight and I had some back leggings on with a sleeveless black turtle neck crop top on

I picked up my phone and my car keys and Mia's house keys and went downstairs. Luke was there cuddling up with Mia and they both turned to look at me with wide eyes. "Just a little change, I was bored." I say and headed out with Rosie on a leash. I locked the door and went to my car.