45

I pulled up at the parking lot and got out of my car. The breeze hit me head on and I shivered. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked to the shore. I kicked the sand in between my white pumas and bent down to pick up a handful. I sat down on the sand and stared out into the open. The sun was setting and the sky looked beautiful. I sighed and looked at my hands. Sometimes, I wonder how my life drastically changed. If I went back in time and told my younger self that in the future I used to have the sexiest boyfriend ever and my mom shot me, I would've never believed it, but here we are. I run a hand through my messed up waves and pulled out my phone.

 I run a hand through my messed up waves and pulled out my phone

I started humming quietly to 'Never Enough' By Loren Allred. "Thought you might be here." A voice says. I turn my head to see Noah standing there. I roll my eyes and turn to face the sunset. "Why won't you talk to me?" He groans. "Because you broke me. You push me to do things and expect it to go your way without thinking about my feelings for one second." I reply with a bored tone. "Why can't you just leave me alone?" I ask and he says "Because I still love you Madison." while taking a seat next to me. "I want us to get back together but I can't get through to you." He explains calmly and I turn to look at him.

He's staring at the sunset with a expressionless face. I face the sand and play with it between my fingertips. "You're not letting me in and it's hurting you and everyone else." He mumbles.

"Noah. Please go." I croak trying to keep my tears in but he notices. "I'm not going." He says firmly. "What don't you understand?!" I exclaim throwing my hands in the air and tears running down my face. "You hurt me. And you keep doing it! You being here isn't changing anything. I gave my full trust to you. You don't even have an excuse as to why you kissed Victoria today after school." I sigh.

"She has censored pictures of you." He whispers and I sit up. "What?"
"She has pictures of you and threatened to leak them unless I kiss her and make you mad." He explained quietly and my mouth hung open. "I-I-I don't understand. How could she get pictures like that?" I ask. "I've seen them. They're bad." He says firmly and I put my head in my hands.

I feel him pull his arm over me and I accept it and bring him closer to me. "This doesn't mean anything." I grumble stupidly and he laughs and I can almost feel his smirk. My sun has almost gone down completely and I feel my eyes getting heavy. "I'm gonna go home." I yawned. He helped me up and carried me to my car. I wanted to object how weird it felt considering we aren't dating but I was too tired and I think he deserves it as well.

I smiled having him close to me again. It's been so long and I honestly missed the feeling. I don't even know what I want to do anymore. I know I'm gonna regret if I jump back into a relationship with him straight away, but even I'm not kidding myself with this whole 'I need time' thing. I sighed as he placed me on the hood of my car.

He looked at me with a longing for something. For me. "Stop doing this to me!" I groaned placing my head in my hands. "Doing what?" He said teasingly and I swear I wanted to slap him. "You know what you're doing." I say looking up and pretending to glare at me but he doesn't fall for it. Instead he leans in and kisses my cheek. I smiled. "I have to go." I whisper and he nods picking me up and placing me on the floor again but not letting go of me. "I need you. Soon. I'm doing this to protect you." He says deeply and I nod. "I know." I whisper and lean in the kiss him but it wasn't a long kiss. He let me go and I climbed into my car.

I waved at him before driving back to Mia's place.