68

I sat intently, waiting to hear what she had to say. To be honest, there's nothing for her to say. She's lost this case, we just have to wait for the judge to deem her guilty. I was fiddling with the buttons on my top and constantly pulling down my skirt but the truth was, I couldn't sit still. She was watching me squirm and I couldn't tell if she was enjoying it or if she was feeling something else. Noah tried several times to try and calm me down.

Too bad he can't kiss me...

He wrapped his arm over my shoulder which helped, a bit. The entire break I was sitting next to him, he was constantly whispering sweet things in my ear or playing with my hair. He was slowly tugging on my hair and I was about to burst. "Do you ever leave my hair alone?" I hissed and he smirked at me before continously playing with my hair. I used my hair to pull his hands away from me but he grabbed both of my hands by the wrist and pulled me in. I smiled against the kiss and it created a bunch of butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

It's crazy how after so many weeks, I still get that effect. I guess it's because I never thought that I would be dating the hottest guy in our school and the fact that even after everything he's learnt about me, he still stuck around.

Someone cleared their throat in front of us and Noah pulled away with a grin while I felt my face going red and decided to hide behind his broad shoulder. "Breaks over lovebirds!" Beverly chirped and I relaxed. Beverly was the relaxed lawyer. She wasn't tense like Olivia's and she seemed bubbly. I feel like with my situation, I'm going to grow to love her. We both got up and headed to the courtroom.
Beverly pulled me aside and I peered down and my eyes widened slightly at the notes that were left. "So about these notes, do you have any other person in mind that it could be?" She asked calmly and I couldn't speak.

I was staring hard at the pieces of paper in her freshly painted red nails. A pair of familiar hands wrapped around me and I shook my head quickly and relaxed. "Baby, your lawyer here was asking if you know anyone else that could've left those notes." Noah coaxed in my ear, loud enough for Beverly to hear and she cooed at the sight of us. "What happened?" I asked, rubbing my head slightly. I felt like I was knocked out cold by a sledgehammer. "You were stunned again, princess." He said softly, rubbing his head in the crook of my neck, his muscles tensing around my tiny body.

"Umm, no. It couldn't have been anyone else." I said politely and she nodded before shooing us into the courtroom. My mom was sitting on the seat that I was in before, her eyes stone cold and her hands clasped together in front of her. She watched me walk back to the witness side with Noah, her eyes burning holes into my back. After everyone sat down, Beverly made herself presentable and stood up, with a folder and the notes in her hand. She switched into stone hard rock. She walked with purpose and her eyes were expressionless as she approached my mom who didn't seem fazed by her new persona.

"Miss Lawson, Do you recall any of the events that your daughter stated to us earlier?"

"Yes." She answered with a bored tone, as if she had somewhere else to be.

"Do you admit that everything that was stated is true?"

"Yeah, I guess."

Gasps and mumurs echoed the room before the judge slammed the hammer on the table. "Silence!" He yelled and the room was dead silent. "Why did you do it?!" Beverly raised her voice a bit and my mom glared at me.

"She's a bitch!" She yelled pointing at me and I froze. Yells and gasps followed by chants and talking bounced off the walls in the spacious room. I didn't react. "She's the reason that I killed my one true love! She was overbearing and she told her," She yelled pointing at Olivia who was in shock. "That I was abusing her!"
The guards stood around her, in case she was going to attack and I was a nervous wreck. Noah tried coaxing me but nothing was working.