75

The door slowly cracked open, creating a piercing sound.

So much for a quiet entrance...

There was a set of stairs and I looked at them before turning around and looking at the others. They all had pale faces as is this was some horror film. I started advancing up the stairs and I could feel them behind me.

I finally reached the top and heard a crash. I jumped a little before noticing a door. Another bang and boom followed after and continuous crashing and banging noises echoed the building. I took a deep breath before swinging the door open.
The noises stopped as he looked up at me. I suddenly couldn't hear anything.

I couldn't hear the noise of Noah dropping the broken chair in his hand.

I couldn't hear the constant screams of my name.

I couldn't hear the arguing between Lexi and Luke.

I couldn't hear the cries of Skylar asking them to stop.

Nothing.

Everything suddenly came back to me when I felt Noah hands caressing my back, pulling me closer to him and rubbing smooth circles on the back of my waist. "I missed you so much princess." He whispered in my ear constantly and I was stuck.

Was I supposed to hug him and forget? Or push him away and cause a bigger ridge in our relationship?
Should I fall? Or should I catch myself?

I gave up. I gave in and fell into his arms.

*****************

Luke, Lexi and Skylar took my car home and I stayed with Noah. "Why are you...here?" I asked assessing the state of the room. There was an old wooden wardrobe with a door missing, an unstable bed and a dresser with cracks in it. The rest was just pieces of wood and brick and glass all over the floor. It reminded me of my old house. What was once my home.

"I didn't want to stay home." He replied pulling on his black t-shirt, covering his torso.

He should have kept it off. No! Focus Madison!

"Things were getting weird with Aiden and I felt like I was being left out." He explained and I sighed realising that it had nothing to do with me. "Is that it?" I asked leaning against the wall with my arms folded looking down at my feet.

I could feel his gaze on me but I chose to ignore it. He was standing about 5 feet away from me and I could feel the tension. We've had so many rocky paths and I hate that we've had another fight which is just as big as when I found out that he fucked Victoria. I still don't remember why I let him off so easy, I'm so much better than that and the fact that I'm purposely putting a distance between us says so.

"Baby-"

"Don't call me that." I said slowly still looking down. I couldn't look him in the face.

He hurt me.

More than he could ever know. And I'm not ready to forgive for that. "Take me home, please." I said and I didn't let him finish as I started making my way out of the door.

*******************

We didn't speak the entire journey to my place. I let him put his hand on my leg but that's about it. It was clearly obvious that I was squirming underneath his touch. We stopped outside my house and I continued looking at his hand while he was looking at me. "Look at me." He said softly and I looked up and saw how hurt he was.

Well too bad. That's what you get...

I sighed while looking at him, not letting his eyes deceive me. When he moved him hand to touch mine, I jumped back, hitting my head against the top of the car.
"Shit!" I cried out in pain and as he tried to touch me, I yelled, "Don't touch me!" before running out of the car in tears and slamming door. I speed walked to my door and unlocked it in one quick movement.

I locked the door and walked straight to my room and layed in my bed, soaking my sheets with tears.