39

I arrived at school and turned off my car. I sat in my car and sighed. I checked the time.

11:35am

I opened my car door and walked with my black bag towards the school doors. I entered the corridor and all you could hear was the sound of my heels clicking against the floors. I arrived at my class. Chemistry. I opened the door and all eyes were on me. "I was sick." Is all I tell the teacher.

Love Sick.

I walked to my seat next to Noah and the entire time I could feel Victoria's evil smirk watching me. "Are you ok?" He asked as I sat down. I shook my head. I leaned on his shoulder and he rubbed circles into my back. Victoria was glaring at me. "You should've stayed home. You're not well, princess." He whispered in my ear. "You're still gonna call me that?" I ask and he nods. "We may not be dating but you're still a princess, mine or not." He says and I smile.

The bell rings and I speed out of the class to my locker. "So you and Noah are still a thing?" Victoria sneers behind me. I shut my locker. "Do yourself a favour and walk away." I warn turning around to face her. "It's not my fault your boyfriend can't keep his dick in his pants. He wanted me. He is mine and he left you cause you're a slut with a corrupt family." She says. I slap her hard across the face. "Do you have anything else to say?" I ask innocently. Noah comes up behind me. "What did you tell her?" I ask him. "Nothing. Why?" He replies.

"Then why does she know about my mom?" I glare and he silenced. "Keep your bitch's mouth shit and away from me." I say before shoving past him. He grabs my wrist and pulls me into him. "Noah. You know what I'm capable of. Remove your hand." I warn and he lets go. I turn around  and walk towards my next class.

**********************

The day seemed to drag on and soon enough, it was lunch. I went to the dining hall to meet Mia and Lexi. I find them at my table. "You're in?" Mia asks and I nod. "We kind of saw what happened between you and Noah in the kitchen earlier today. You guys are really over?" Lexi asks and I nod.

Bang!

Mia and Lexi look at each other before staring at me. "Madison, your mom." Lexi whispers and I shook my head. "Please tell me your joking." I whisper. "Long time no see, Madison!" I hear. Her voice. She's here. I get up and turn around to face the one woman who used to be my mother.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. "Darling, you're lucky you're still alive!" She cackles. My eyes search for Noah and he's watching intently, scanning my face. "Why don't I end your life, right here?" She says with a gun, pointing at my chest. I look at everyone around me. They're all watching with fear etched on each of their faces. Mia joins by my side with Lexi. "Ah! Mia Winters. It's been too long. Say hello to your mother for me." My mom says sweetly. "Leave now." I say. "My darling daughter. If I leave, you're not leaving alive." She states with venom spitting out of her mouth.

"Noah. I need you." I whisper and gets out of his seat and runs up to me. I look at my mother and she pulls the trigger. I look at Noah and he's next to me. I hear a scream, followed by another bang and people are running around the dining hall. A sharp  pain engulfs me. I look up at Noah who has me in his arms. "Don't leave me." He says and my eyes are slowly closing until darkness surrounds me.